All reviews tasca d'almerita private tour beautiful estate different wines made us feel cooking school house life home sharing documents history walks glass hike dish accommodations
Reviewed 25 May 2018

My week long stay at Rosemarie's B&B was really like "coming home" because Vallelunga is the ancestral home of my mother's family. The area surrounding Rosemarie's lovely country house is like a picture postcard. Beautiful vineyards, citrus trees, and garden's of all sorts surround the estate. The winery is so beautiful and picturesque. This is what one imagines when they think of Sicily. My stay was centered around researching my family roots and locating decedents that still live in Vallelunga, and without Rosemarie's help, it would not have been as easy and pleasant as it was. Rosemarie connected me with decedents of my family, and also arranged a driver and guide to accompany me on my ventures. Because of the help from Rosemarie, I was able to find many documents and records and meet the decedents of my family, as well as finding the house that my grandfather was born in. A particular delight was the wonderful museum in Vallelunga, located in the old schoolhouse. A private tour was arranged and it was wonderful. Rosemarie is the ultimate host. All I needed to do was mention a particular Sicilian dish that my Nonna used to cook for me, and I would find that dish on the menu the next day! The food at Rosemarie's is the best I had in Sicily. Everything is fresh, simply and traditionally prepared, and delicious. Needless to say, the wine is spectacular! Additionally, you won't be better treated anywhere than you are by Rosemarie and her wonderful staff, Cetinna and Rosetta. My favorite part of the day was after dinner talks with Rosemarie, who was very generous with her time, explaining the history of the estate and her family's remarkable accomplishments in the sustainable farming of this breathtakingly beautiful estate. It really is like visiting a family member who can't do enough to make your stay memorable! Don't hesitate---JUST GO!----You will be happy that you did! Gracie mille Rosemarie! I can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Rosemarie's hospitality and the beauty of the surrounding countryside made our stay at Tasca d'Almerita an unforgettable experience. Our room was very large. It had a huge bathroom with a spectacular view over the vineyards. Everything was immaculately clean. Rosemarie gave us much of her time, showing us around the winery, accompanying us into Vallelunga Pratameno and introducing us to the town official who took us on a private tour of the local museum, and showing us the nearby cooking school, Anna Tasca Lanza. She shared stories of the area and of her family history, making our stay so much more personal and interesting. We had the opportunity to eat our dinners at the home and we did so every night. Every meal began with a Sicilian appetizer accompanied by a special wine from the winery right next door. The second and third courses were accompanied by different wines and dessert was always followed by a special sweet wine, all from the Tasca d'Almerita winery. Everything was fresh and delicious. Breakfast is included. Every morning we were greeted with a glass of fresh squeezed blood orange juice. Rosemarie has led a very interesting life. She speaks French and English fluently with of course, her Italian. We learned so much about life in Sicily and life in general.We would have stayed a full week if we had known how peaceful and lovely the experience would be. There are many interesting and untouristed towns to explore within driving distance. We even went to Agrigento for the day. We hold dear memories of our stay at Rosemarie Tasca d'Almerita. Grazie mille.

Room Tip: There are only 2 or 3 rooms, so no need to choose.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We came upon Rosemarie's place while searching for accommodations near wineries. We were lucky enough to find her listing on air B and B and took a chance .. we are so glad we did !
Her home is situated about 200 feet away from the actual Tasca winery which happened to be harvesting grapes when we were there ! We got a lovely tour of the winery and tasted some wines as well. The grounds of Rosemarie's home and the winery are just stunningly beautiful ! You couldn't ask for a more peaceful and picturesque location to spend time .
Staying at Rosemarie's was like staying with family . We learned about her family and her life , and felt welcome from the moment we walked through the door . Her assistant Chittina who we adored cooked us amazing lunches and dinners. It was by far the best and most genuinely home cooked Sicilian fare we ate the whole trip! And cooked with love ! Rosemarie also shared some very special Tasca wines with us throughout our stay , and we def never went hungry or thirsty while we were there !
We also had access to the stunning infinity pool that's a short ride away on the grounds. Set in the vineyards with a stocked wine fridge , chaise lounges , showers and the works .. it made us feel like Beyoncé and jay z LOL!
We were only supposed to stay for one night , but loved it there so much was had Rosemarie call all our other hotels to switch dates so we could stay another day and enjoy the amazing food, grounds, and company .
All in all it was an experience we will remember as one of our favorites during our travels in Sicily, and we hope to one day make it back again to visit. If relaxation , wine , and amazing food and company are what you are looking for , you'll certainly find it here !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

My daughter and I spent a few days with Rosemarie and her wonderful staff. It was such a delight! Rosemarie is an incredible host - immediately making us feel at home. She is also an extremely interesting lady. We loved our conversations with her! Cetinna's meals were delicious and beautifully prepared. She even showed us how to make Panella, which was great fun! We had such a relaxing time, walking around the property and sunning by the luxurious pool, all the while enjoying the incredible views of the Estate. Rosemarie also arranged a tour for us of the Estate's vast vineyards and Winery. The wine, by the way, is superb! To sum up - we highly recommend staying at Rosemarie's charming home - we did not want to leave!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Staying with Rosemarie Tasca d'Almerita at her beautiful home was an incredible experience for us (we booked through air bnb). The grounds are as beautiful as you would expect, and there were a lot of opportunities to hike around the estate. Rosemarie and her staff made us feel special - from helping us arrange a tour of the winery operations, to wonderful conversation, to all our meals, to swimming in the pool. We had full board - for us it was perfect since we really just wanted to relax and not have to worry about anything. Finding her place was not difficult (just follow the signs to Tenuta Regaleali!), but if it helps, the entrance is at 37.698559, 13.843522.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms :-) We stayed in the Blue Suite and it was fantastic
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple