The hotel is only a 20min train journey from the city centre and is practically on top of the train station. The hotel was very clean with staff coming to the room on a daily basis to clean, make the beds and change the towels. I know other people have complained about the reception staff but we found them more than helpful! The evening staff member in particular took the time to point out interesting areas to visit on a map and asked us about our day each evening when we returned to the hotel.
The breakfast was nice but not amazing. There was a variety of cold foods including cereal, fruit, meats and cheeses, yoghurt and pastries as well as cooked bacon and scrambled eggs. I would’ve preferred more cooked foods but we were well aware that the majority of it was a cold buffet when we booked so this was not really an issue. There are a couple of cafes in the shopping centre that the hotel is connected to (Viena is very nice) however, there’s not a great deal to do in the evenings. ‘Room service’ is a local pizza delivery company and if you ask the reception staff, they will order our pizza for you, and you can just pay when you leave. The pizza was surprisingly nice and I would recommend this option is you’re too tired to go out for food.
There is a pool on the roof of the hotel and a gym on the third floor (which we didn’t visit). The shower in the bathroom was amazing and the mirrors they have are the steam free ones so you can have a shower and still see to do your make up.
If you’re travelling to/from Barcelona, the line you will need is R3, which is run by Renfe, and the station is Montcada Ripollet. You can find times here http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/index.html. The metro tickets work on this Renfe train as well as the Renfe train to the airport. You can save a lot of money by getting a T10 ticket which gives you 10 journeys for 9.25euros. Considering one journey is 3.90euros, this is fantastic value for money. Any travel within 1hour 15mins is counted as one journey so you can get the R3 from Montcada Ripollet then change at Placa de Catalunya to get the metro somewhere else in the city, and as long as your total journey time is under 1hour 15mins, this is all counted as one journey. When you catch the train at Montcada Ripollet, don’t forget to validate your ticket by entering it into the machine (which looks like a red box) in the door of the café/sales area.
In all, we were more than happy with the hotel and it was fantastic value for the price we paid. As long as you don’t mind the 20min travel to the city centre, this is a really nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sercotel Ciutat de Montcada Hotel is a welcoming hotel in Montcada, near Barcelona. The hotel is easy to access thanks to its excellent location only 50 metres from the local train stop ‘Montcada-Ripollet’ in the middle of Barcelona’s most important business and industrial areas. Boasting a very elegant décor, the Sercotel Ciutat de Montcada Hotel has 105 well-equipped rooms at its disposal. Free wifi internet is available throughout the hotel 24 hours a day – in the rooms as well as in the restaurant and at the reception. The hotel is the perfect spot for business meetings because of the six function rooms available that are prepared for any kind of event. The rooms have all the equipment you might need and offer all the services necessary for a guaranteed successful event in Montcada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sercotel Ciutat de Montcada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sercotel Ciutat De Montcata Hotel Montcada i Reixac
- Sercotel Ciutat De Montcada Hotel Montcada i Reixac, Province Of Barcelona