See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This is our 2nd visit to Dunning Country house and boy did it deliver. My parent stayed for over three weeks and I joined them for five nights. We stayed in the main house in rooms 1 and 2. Both the rooms are beautifully decorated and have everything you need including tea & coffee facilities. We were given the use of the kitchen for cooking due to the length of the stay, which is very well equipped for all your needs. The gardens are looking amazing like last year and my favourite patio area is the seating area off the main lounge-lovely views of the garden and very comfortable furniture. Charlet and her team make this a home from home.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We've stayed at Dunning Country House before - this time only one night. We love it and will stay here again when we're in the area. Charlet is an amazing host and nothing is too much trouble. This is a person who knows how to make travellers feel welcome. We stayed in one of the self-contained cottages - has every kitchen appliance you need, beautifully furnished, full DSTV package, electric blankets, great bed linen - couldn't ask for more. And our breakfast order was brought to us in our cottage piping hot (on a very cold morning). This is a gem of a place.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2017

We stayed at Dunning for two nights. Charlotte is such a warm, wonderful lady and she made us feel like family. She has such a love and passion for what she does, you can even taste it in all the wonderful meals she prepares herself. The farm is really beautiful and the rooms are exquisite. I would highly recommend Dunning for your stay in the Midlands. Andre, Letitia, Mias & Anita

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Dunning Country house for 5 nights just outside Howick. We had a traditional rondavel as we wanted to self cater. It has a fully equipped kitchen, dining area (for 8 people), lounge, 1 bedroom and a double bed screened off in the lounge. Perfect for us-my parents and I. The gardens are beautiful and the main house it requisite. Our host Charlet was amazing and really made our stay super. We will be back

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2017

I needed to stay overnight after a late flight into Pietermaritzburg before travelling to Kokstad early the next day. I found Dunning Country House after a search and booked as it was on the road to Kokstad.

After a bit of problem with cell coverage getting in I was warmly escorted to the cottage in which I was to stay. This was beautifully appointed. A very comfortable lounge and kitchen. Self catering is available. I was please to discover real milk in the fridge. So many places only have powdered milk or milk substitute. A bowel of fruit, chocolates and rusks in a tin made were for a great welcome. The double bedroom with spa bath was very comfortable and beautifully furnished. There was another double bedroom making this a good place to stay with family or friends.

A delicious breakfast was delivered to my cottage early the next morning. I will certainly make use of Dunning Country House again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business