See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2017

This place is great for escaping the big touristic city, but close enough to visit Sorrento (5min. by train).

The rooms are nice and have everything you need, including airco. There is a lovely garden in the back and a nice shower outside on the terrace, where the view is breath taking.

They offer you a sweet breakfast and the best espresso I have ever had.
The family is very friendly. They give you a lot of tips to visit the area and come and pick you up from the station when you arrive with your luggage. They do everything to make sure you have a great stay.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Had an amazing stay here! Would definitely recommend to anyone. It was so easy to get to Positano which was the main reason for our visit and the excellent breakfast was an added bonus! We will definitely be returning and would highly recommend staying here!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
chezchantal2015, Proprietario at Chez Chantal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank You Mitase ;) Hope to see You again soon !

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I was first time in Italy and for first expirience i hear from my friends who was there too that that bnb was best and u kno what,they was right. Owner and young lady was so polite and helpfull , full of smile and usefull informations. I wanted to stay more but my hob didn't aloud me, but for sure i will come back next yeat and enjou in view and dunset and offcoures brekfast. I wishh them all best.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank lenka g

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Room was beautiful, scenery fantastic, young girl was extremely helpful. Only shame is the mother of the house was very stuffy and nosey,complained about lights being left on, not coming down for breakfast.also you need to be very fit as it is a long uphill walk to the b+b, no parking as cars can hardly fit laneway is so narrow.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicola w
chezchantal2015, Proprietario at Chez Chantal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Dearest Nicola,
I am concerned to read that You did not enjoy Your experience with us.
Chez Chantal is a Bed and Breakfast small family business.
All our guests are the most welcome in our house and we always try our best to make sure everybody feels like home.
The “mother of the house”, my mom, immediately prepared a bottle of Prosecco and flowers in Your room as a surprise for Your anniversary.
I sincerely apologise if You believe this was a stuffy and nosey behaviour.
Our breakfast is not a service for profit. We like to take care of our guests try to offer availability for timings and different tastes and it is also a chance to enjoy the morning on our terrace. So it would have been appreciated to be informed the evening before according to any of Your plans.
Only one last point I have to mention regarding the lights. It was later than 9pm when You came inside and my dad said “Good evening, You just came back nice to see You, we were thinking You were already upstairs since the light was on”. No argue, no complaint, no accuse. However it is commonsense and respect of the environment to switch light off during all the day when being outside.
So I apologize if all of this was apparently misunderstood or made You feel uncomfortable.
I personally am in the B&B at all times, since I also live there and the door is always open for You. However we do respect Your privacy during Your stay.
Chez Chantal is in a green, peaceful and quiet area, very close to the center of Meta, the train station and all public transportation. Shuttle bus is always available, but nothing has ever been requested since You personally informed us that You came to visit Your relatives and since You were here already from past seven years, no suggestion was ever needed or asked our side.
It has been really offensive to find out You left early morning of Your departure without any advice nor goodbye. We try to accept opinions and make them constructive to do better, but at that point nothing could have been done any longer to fix Your apparent disappointments.
Sure is a place for anyone and especially for who is willing to relax and feel like home.
Fernanda

Reviewed 6 July 2015

My girlfriends and I enjoyed our stay very much. Chantale and her family were extremely hospitable, kind and the food was amazing! I am a vegetatian and she arranged some special dishes just for me. Such a charming setting and beautiful accomodations. We will be back! Definitely recommend Chez Chantal!

Date of stay: August 2014