“Good fish food”

Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Meta
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Nice place at the beach with good local dishes, fresh fish with grilled vegetables and a great atmosphere

Reviewed 7 August 2017

When we arrived at the restaurant, we were given a choice of a table in the lower cozy cave area or the upstairs. We decided to sit upstairs and enjoy the lovely ocean views. We shared a green salad and I ordered a pasta dish with smoked swordfish. The sauce on the pasta was creamy and delicious. My husband ordered a marguerita pizza that he enjoyed, although he would have liked a little more basil. As we dined, the view of the setting sun was fabulous and made for a very enjoyable evening. We only wished that the lighting inside the restaurant was dimmed a little as the sun set because it seemed a bit harsh in contrast.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We were here two times during our stay in Meta, once an evening when we had a bottle of wine and a dessert and once for lunch. The wine was very good and the pannacotta too. The pasta we had for lunch was dreamy! The only thing taking the score from 5 stars is the service, both times we were served by a man who seemed a bit tired of his job or of tourists or something like that. Not unpleasent, but not nice either. The food here makes it worth it though! It's a really crowded place, so it may be wise to make a reservation.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Had a reservation at a lovely restaurant tonight for 1. Asked for a sunset table. As I was ushered in, I saw the 'reserved' sign but was informed that it was not my booking and offered a table a couple of tables back. Not wanting to make a scene, I duly took up my seat and got lovely photos of the sunset by keep getting up. I noted the reserved table was unattended throughout. Well past sunset a young couple were shown to the table, looking like they had won the pools. As I passed their table, going to the loo, I casually asked had they booked the table. 'No, we were so lucky' they said.
I asked the waiter why such a thing had been allowed to happen. He apologised but said that it was the manager who decided.
I took my complaint to the manager, who lied and said the table had been reserved by the couple. I told him that I knew it had not been, as I had asked the couple. Caught out in his lie, he started to shout and I think he said (in Italian) something about money. The poor waiter seemed to be getting blamed and I tried to say that I felt really aggrieved at the shoddy way I had been treated, simply as I was a solo diner.
He then proceeded to throw my credit card at me and stormed off talking very loudly.
I have never felt so embarrassed or insulted, all the diners were watching the scene.
I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, the food was distinctly average and such diabolical mentality is atrocious!

1  Thank 540TraceyB
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Tico Tico is located in Meta, The view from The restaurant is pretty awesome and lots of locals visit this restaurant as well. You can sit upstairs (Great view) but if you want to eat in a cooler area its better to have a table inside. Upstairs it can become quite warm. The food is good (delicious prawns) but there are, to be honest, better restaurants in the same area. People are very friendly. Inside there are big screens with Football matches as well, if you like!