“Excellent food”

Tavernetta Cinquantotto
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Meta
Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 53
Description: The Tavern Fifty offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere , Mediterranean cuisine with the territory reiterpretati pr... Altro
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Lovely restaurant, fine dining and reasonable price. We ate here twice and would have gone again but was closed. Pleasant owners and care taken with the cooking.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Iv travelled all over the world and eaten from street food stalls to find dining restaurants and this place is permanently stored as one of my most memorable meals. We were blown away with the quality and the price. It is a must visit for anyone travelling here! Wonderful young couple who own it we're warm and welcoming. I back be back again at some point in my life for sure

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The restaurant looks like an old tavern, but with real linen, fine porcelain and cutlery. Tables well spaced. Often you need to book in advance as quite small. Seat are available outside in summer. The food is great: the menu is quite varied (without exaggerating) and the dishes are well presented, explained in detail by the waiter. They are kind and always ready to help you in your choices, without being intrusive.Good selection of wine. They use local product...a must! Adequate prices.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Tavernetta was amazing, the best meal I had on this trip to Europe (granted, I only went to Barcelona and Naples before but still). Incredibly beautiful and delicious cuisine - if you have a chance please order the mezzelune stuffed with cod and squid ink. So beautiful and delicious I almost couldn't bear to eat it!! I love simple pizza and pasta but this was elevated cuisine and such a wonderful break while still drawing inspiration from the local cuisine and sooooo reasonably priced too. Was extremely happy to have had the chance to eat here.

Also to some comments on Tripadvisor about needing to be dressed fancy and the restaurant turning away poorly dressed people. I come from San Francisco and work at a tech start up, so fancy for me is like nice yoga pants and an exercise top. Some days I wear pajama pants to work. You can imagine what I wear on vacation. I was decked out in full camping gear from REI and had no issues. There were definitely some obese older men in raggedly shorts and t shirts. I get that Italy is a fancier culture, so you can tell the restaurant is fancy - real linen everything - but don't think they are pretentious to the point of exclusive here.

The other thing I did was make a reservation beforehand, though the restaurant was not full at all. So would definitely recommend that! Although depending on when you go it may or may not be important - I only called to make a reservation two hours ahead of time and had no issues! I also arrived just as they opened :)

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Very populat resaurant and went three time during our 7 day stay. Need to book as quite a small restaurant. quaint with a lovely atmosphere and good food.