The location of the hotel, although quite inconvenient to visit Bordeaux easily (about 30min far from the center), it is beautiful, located among the vineyards of the chateau, facing a beautiful pond hosting a couple of swans.
The rooms are normal to spacious size, mine was on the first floor overlooking the pond and the vineyards. The bathroom was full of Caudalie cosmetics (a real joy - this brand has very good products!), and there was a bath tube. The room was supposed to have wifi, but... no! There was no reception of the wifi there, although from my room I could see the main building - it was not far at all. That was really inconvenient, sometimes there was no wifi not even in the reception and main building.
The breakfast was one of the best ones I 've had in a 5 star hotel. A very nice selection of cheeses, home made croissants, quiche, fantastic apple pie, variety of breads, eggs made to order... All raw material used were really carefully chosen. I would say the same for the 2 restaurants: la table du lavoir offers a very nice ambiance and casual dining, the Grand Vigne is a Michelin star restaurant - well, I have to admit that food was nice but not exceptional to rate it with a michelin star! I cannot say about the prices, since it was not me who paid.
The Spa was below expectations unfortunately. It seems that it left without any renovation for a long time. The massage rooms are nothing special, there is no sauna (only a hamam), and the thermal bath is just adequate. There are no lockers but a wardrobe with a woman who keeps your staff, which is not very convenient having to leave your handbag and precious belongings there. Finally, the fitting rooms were just next to the place of the spa where you could sit and relax in between your therapies and watch the outdoors, and there was no door in between: that had as an effect that you could hear the hair dryer at times while you were enjoying your tea and the views... The massages were more like rubbing you...
Choose to go there for 3-4 days to enjoy the nature, walk or cycle around (the reception offers bicycles free of charge to go around!), enjoy nice, traditional food and drink good wine. On the side you can enjoy the spa, but don't have high expectations because you will definitely get disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Les Sources de Caudalie are located in the middle of Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte vineyards, only 15 minutes from Bordeaux center.The hotel also includes 2 restaurants and a Vinotherapie spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Les Sources de Caudalie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Sources De Caudalie Hotel Martillac
- Les Sources De Caudalie Martillac