“5* Quality Food - Worth waiting for!”

Gado Gado Bar &Grill
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Arnside
Description: Restaurant and cafe, taste of Southeast Asia cooking, and English also open for breakfast, light lunch and dinner
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Just left Gado Gado extremely satisfied with what we ate and what we paid.
My husband and I are staying in Arnside for a few days at the Willowfield B&B (Review has been done previously) and the B&B have a folder for recommended places to eat locally with sample menus - Gado Gado being one of recommendations, so we opted to eat there tonight.

The restaurant has a nice relaxing environment - the staff are very welcoming and friendly.

We opted for:-
Prawn Crackers with Sweet Chilli Sauce
Vietnamese Spring Rolls - Amazingly good
Maki Sushi, comes with a little Wasabi Sauce and Pickled Root Ginger - I could have eaten two portions they were that good.
Beef Rendang for the hubby - comes with a good portion of rice - Hubby really liked - he likes lots of sauce with his meals so next time will request extra pot of the rending sauce.
I had the what we are now calling The DLG - Daging Lembu Goreng - Strips of Rump Steak which was cooked to perfection, really tender, melted in the mouth This also came with a good size portion of rice.
We gave in to temptation and had dessert too - special - Ginger Crème Brulee with Ice Cream drizzled in Baileys. I've eaten in lots of places and my dessert of choice is a Crème Brulee and, I can honestly say this did not fail to please.

Every aspect of the meal was perfect. The wait for the food to come out the kitchen is worth it, with just one chef cooking everything from Fresh - If you want Quality you gotta wait...... Top Credit to Erin, fabulous Chef :)

We live just over an hours drive from Arnside and have been known to drive up just to go the Chip Shop, we will definitely be doing the same for Gado Gado.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

I thought the menu was quite limited, I ended up with the play it safe pad thai.. it was quite salty, ok..? not like any pad thai I have had in other places.

I'm no food expert but it didn't seem quite authentic in someway..I can't quite put my finger on it? The staff were all friendly and helpful.
I probably would not return.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Having visited Arnside many times . and never manged to eat at Gado Gado , we finely managed to book a table on Saturday .

All four of us were really impressed with the Food , service was not quit ethere , but friendly and Polite.

We all had starters and main course , with the Jungle and Salmon massaman curries the real stand out dishes

Three nice Guinness cakes and semolina pudding round off what was a very pleasant evening.

We will return next time we are in Arnside

Thanks for a very nice meal

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We recently visited this gem of a restaurant for out Valentines meal out this year. The location is stunning with super views over Morecambe Bay towards Grange Over Sands.
The staff were friendly and welcoming making us feel nothing would be to much trouble. We opted for starters and mains from the menu and were delighted with the quality and excellent flavours of the dishes were were served. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Eaten here twice, but visited three more times to be met with a closed sign when expecting it to be open. Tasty food when you can get fed. Perhaps a little too hot and spicy.