“As good as we hoped!!!”
Review of Antica Carrera

Antica Carrera
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Fondi
Price range: US$ 33 - US$ 67
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We offer typical local dishes and seafood specialties. We offer a selection of fine wines. The family Rotunno, restaurateurs since 1948, stands out for its quality food and courteous service.
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I was recommended by a friend to try out this restaurant for dinner. I then noticed that it was placed top of the list on tripadvisor for Fondi, which added to my expectations. They managed to exceed my hopes with great service, nice setting and fantastic Italian seafood with a twist. On top of that it was reasonably priced. If you are in the area then do try this excellent place!

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a hidden gem. We walked in around 12:30 for lunch and the restaurant was beautifully set up. We were pleasantly greeted by the welcoming staff. We were given a bruschetta and local tarralli to start. My husband and I each had our own pasta for or primo- the tagliatelle with porcini mushroom and the paccheri with baby clams- both out of this world EXCELLENT. We then had there scallopine in truffle for our 2nd plate with a salad and split the mixed berry Millie foglie for dessert. We both agreed that was one of the BEST meals on our trip! I also have to say the staff was very nice. Everyone went above and beyond to stop at our table and to make sure that we were enjoying everything and to explain the dishes. The combination of excellent food, staff and setting makes this a unforgettable restaurant and experience- We had such a lovely lunch! Thank you again

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Few days ago, during my trip through Italy, i had the unexpected luck of finding this little gem hidden in the small town of Fondi, an hour south of Rome.
Specialized in seafood, the restaurant is run by a lovely italian couple, Massimo and his wife. Massimo is a an awesome guy, a truly deep connoisseur of food and wine. He was just perfect on making our evening, from the appetizer to the dessert, so outstanding. His wife is the engine of the restaurant, an artist in the kitchen, a dream come true. The seafood was top-notch, fresh and caught daily, as Massimo told us. The pasta truly divine, i still have in my mind those precious astice ravioli; the produce, all locally grown and seasonal. The dessert? My Goodness, the millefoglie with wild berries and the sbriciolata with pistachio and warm chocolate were AWESOME (probably is an understatement), everything made by the wife. The grappa barricata and the espresso, a perfect end for a perfect dinner. I wish I had restaurant like this one close to my house in San Diego, but i know only in my dream. Great job Antica Carrera, a truly summer night dream

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Fantastic meal truly home made at its best !!! Brilliant service with lovely surroundings and of course great friends !!!!

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Went here with friends, great wine, excellent food, fantastic service could not ask for a better evening. Will return in a few weeks.