“Outstanding lunch buffet.”

Ranked #5 of 122 Restaurants in Fondi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had visited Parco dei Continenti on a Friday and made a stop at La Canadese for lunch with our friends on our way back to Itri. I am usually no fan of buffets, but this was something else.
Extremely fresh, superb vegetables, great pizzas, perfect al dente pasta. Everything so good and well prepared.
Nice place with Indoor and outdoor seating. Very nice and accomodating staff.
Good restrooms.
Very reasonably priced.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We ate in this retataurant 2 times and both times it was great. From the steak, to the pasta to the pizza!!! Summer time they serve outside, where it is very cool and very enjoyable. The waiters and waitresses were outstanding and Maurizio (the owner) was super. Great place to go. We will certainly return on our next trip to Fondi.

Date of visit: June 2017
pizza709, Proprietario at La Canadese, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thanks a lot for your review and we hope that you come again for enjoy our food.
La Canadese.

Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

As a family this restaurant is beyond doubt one of the best in the area and we've tried a few throughout our stay in Fondi so we feel we can call this. The atmosphere is both fun and friendly but also attentive, our maitre de Luciano ( more handsome version of Ray Quinn) and waitress Francesca made ordering from an Italian menu less of a chore for us philistines whose Italian is rudimentary. On our first night we had the steaks of which there is a choice of cuts plus world regions to choose from, plus great chips, salads etc, our daughter had the meat Ragu which I tried and it was delicious, the pizzas must be exceptional due to the amount of customers ordering them. I sampled the sausage on the second night and it was delicious with a touch of spice. The home made cheesecake and pannecote with caramel were delicious, if we had visited this restaurant earlier on in our week to Fondi we may have ate here every night. The obligatory Prosecco and Vitiano were also very good. For once I can't even fault the sanitation.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

I am Canadian so I had to try this restaurant. We ate amazingly well! Pizza was fab! Beer went down smooth! My wife ordered french fries and they were sooooo good. Dessert did not disappoint, both the cheesecake and the tiramisu are worth it! Will most definitely be coming back!!!

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I was drawn to "La Canadese" first off, beacuse of their name "The Canadian", being a born and raised in Canada, from Toronto, kinda makes you want to go and "check it out"..are the owners Canadian?, is the ownner a former hockey player?..you know, wanted to make some connections with my great Canadian heritage....didn't quite find all that but....the food...magnificent!..that's all you need.

My girlfriend and I were coming back from Rome trip, and I decided to check out the place with the "cool name". we heard about them being a good steak house, but as a Tripadvisor specialist...I decided to make it worth our while.

The manager, Simone was very friendly and even was nice enough to show us around for a small tour, since we arrived a little early..great outdoor seating, with another brick oven, patio seats, piano bar set-up..this place will be really great in the warmer months as well.

We had Simone give us some tips on starters, sso we opted for the "Canadese antipasto", which is a plethora of such delights-veggies, prosciuto, bean soups, bruschette, etc, etc... enough even for 4 people, it costs 28.00 Euros on a huge platter, but delicious and very well prepared for an entree. Worth the price.

We then had another waiter, Gianmarco help us with the steak selection, we opted to try one of our favaorites, Argentina, medium-rare...all I can say that when it arrived, surronded by that fresh rucolo and balsamic vingar cream...my girl and I both looked at each other and said..."this is going to be good".....and it was, to the last bite, succulent, tender, all you can ask for when ordering a steak. I was told even the pizzas here are delish...morever, the owner gives pizza cooking classes, and has a workshop in Toronto!

I guess the pizza will be my next dinning experience on my next trip over there. I do not live too far from La Canadese, so I will be making frequent trips from time to time. The brick ovens are state-of-the-art!...

The place itself is huge, enough to fit large parties, banquets, or just a quiet evening with the person you really care for. Very clean and sanitzed.

Enough cannot be said about how well we were treated, from the time we arrived until the time we left. The staff were very attentive and courteous. I reccomend this place to anyone who enjoys to have a good time in a friendly atmosphere. The price was good, we actually expected to pay more, as we always try to guess the bill...luckilly, we were both wrong!:-)

Good Job, La Canadese, see you soon!!

Saby