Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2020

Quiet and luxury place, you feel like at home. Room was spacy and bright and well equipped. Friendly people and perfect dinner and brakfast. 2 hrs 40 min drive to Johannesburg on good roads.A place to recommend !

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Getaway654309, Owner at Highveld Splendour Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2020

Good day
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with on your last night in South Africa. We do hope that you will visit us again in the future when you decide to visit South Africa again.

Reviewed 11 October 2019

I enjoyed every moment that I've spent at the hotel. The hotel is very pleasant and peaceful.One thing that stood out for me was the fact that breakfast was well prepared before breakfast time, all thanks to one of the ladies who works there (I can't remember her name though ). Keep up the great work.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2019

The most beautiful boutique hotel. The rooms were gorgeous and the food & service was outstanding. We loved our short stay here. We wished we had spent another night here. This was the perfect way to break up a long trip from St Lucia to Pretoria.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Getaway654309, Manager at Highveld Splendour Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2019

It was such a honor to be your hosts for the time you've stayed here. We are looking forward to your next stay with us

Keep well

Kind Regards
Riana Bosman

Reviewed 6 September 2019 via mobile

What a delightful, beautiful secluded and wonderful establishment this is. I am a difficult customer but I cannot express my delight at the world class service I received from Riaana and her team.

After making my requirements know telephonically before I arrived: vegetarian, here to work so space and peace and quiet and the odd hours I keep, I was lead down the garden to an entirely secluded, gorgeous self contained, spotlessly clean little house.

It has 2 bedrooms with full bathroom en suite, an open plan living area containing a kitchen, dining table/my desk and a lounge area with a tv.

Riaana paid meticulous attention to the detail I provided and I walked into my lovely little house to find the following:

Outside was the welcoming committee of dogs who are friendly and delightful.

A huge basket of fresh fruit on the table
Fresh flowers
Muesli for breakfast
A six pack of yoghurts
Coffee, tea, milk and sugar
Rusks
2 kinds of bread, seeded and brown with an assortment of cheeses and fruit preserves
Fresh Fruit juice
6 Cokes
6 bottles of water

Night 1 provided A delicious vegan schnitzel with a baked potato, stir fried veggies and a delicious mushroom sauce.

Night 2 revealed an equally delicious vegan burger and chips

The best bit was that I also found a fully loaded, ready to go fireplace to light and work in front of for two evenings with NO interruptions at all.

The furnishings are stylish and contemporary and to my delight there are bunnies, dogs, tortoises and all manner of creatures to take a break with while you work.

The cleaning staff literally waited for me to get out of the gate and set about cleaning and tidying the place so that when I arrived back it was all done and not a soul in sight.

This has to rank as one of the best boutique hotels I have ever stayed at. 5 star service all the way!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Getaway654309, Manager at Highveld Splendour Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2019

Dear Jules

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!

It was really very nice to meet you,

We are grateful that you've enjoyed your stay with us, and it was absolute a great honor to be your hosts for your 2-days stay !

It was a great pleasure to meet your dietary inquiry according to your needs

We are looking forward to your next stay(s) with us (in your own little house)

Have a wonderful weekend

Kind regards

Riana Bosman and Staff

Reviewed 23 August 2019

Clean , safe, friendly staf. Accomodation is perfect, relaxed and in a pleasant environment. Diner and breakfast were ok. We were on our way to Joburg from St Lucia sonthis was An excellent overnight.

Date of stay: August 2019