eDreams
Destinia.com
StayForLong
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2019

The most beautiful boutique hotel. The rooms were gorgeous and the food & service was outstanding. We loved our short stay here. We wished we had spent another night here. This was the perfect way to break up a long trip from St Lucia to Pretoria.

Date of stay: September 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Getaway654309, Manager at Highveld Splendour Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2019

It was such a honor to be your hosts for the time you've stayed here. We are looking forward to your next stay with us

Keep well

Riana Bosman

Reviewed 6 September 2019 via mobile

What a delightful, beautiful secluded and wonderful establishment this is. I am a difficult customer but I cannot express my delight at the world class service I received from Riaana and her team.

After making my requirements know telephonically before I arrived: vegetarian, here to work so space and peace and quiet and the odd hours I keep, I was lead down the garden to an entirely secluded, gorgeous self contained, spotlessly clean little house.

It has 2 bedrooms with full bathroom en suite, an open plan living area containing a kitchen, dining table/my desk and a lounge area with a tv.

Riaana paid meticulous attention to the detail I provided and I walked into my lovely little house to find the following:

Outside was the welcoming committee of dogs who are friendly and delightful.

A huge basket of fresh fruit on the table
Fresh flowers
Muesli for breakfast
A six pack of yoghurts
Coffee, tea, milk and sugar
Rusks
2 kinds of bread, seeded and brown with an assortment of cheeses and fruit preserves
Fresh Fruit juice
6 Cokes
6 bottles of water

Night 1 provided A delicious vegan schnitzel with a baked potato, stir fried veggies and a delicious mushroom sauce.

Night 2 revealed an equally delicious vegan burger and chips

The best bit was that I also found a fully loaded, ready to go fireplace to light and work in front of for two evenings with NO interruptions at all.

The furnishings are stylish and contemporary and to my delight there are bunnies, dogs, tortoises and all manner of creatures to take a break with while you work.

The cleaning staff literally waited for me to get out of the gate and set about cleaning and tidying the place so that when I arrived back it was all done and not a soul in sight.

This has to rank as one of the best boutique hotels I have ever stayed at. 5 star service all the way!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Getaway654309, Manager at Highveld Splendour Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2019

Dear Jules

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!

It was really very nice to meet you,

We are grateful that you've enjoyed your stay with us, and it was absolute a great honor to be your hosts for your 2-days stay !

It was a great pleasure to meet your dietary inquiry according to your needs

We are looking forward to your next stay(s) with us (in your own little house)

Have a wonderful weekend

Kind regards

Riana Bosman and Staff

Reviewed 23 August 2019

Clean , safe, friendly staf. Accomodation is perfect, relaxed and in a pleasant environment. Diner and breakfast were ok. We were on our way to Joburg from St Lucia sonthis was An excellent overnight.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 23 July 2019

This is very beautiful and very clean place to stay, rooms are nice and big, and the food is delicious. The staff are friendly, and the location is a little out of town, but well worth it. Very quite and peaceful

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Getaway654309, General Manager at Highveld Splendour Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2019

It was a pleasure to be your hosts at HSBH

Hope we will see you soon a gain

Riana Bosman

Reviewed 24 June 2019

I booked on photo's splendour views, our view was a workshop, flatlet, workers tents, scrap yard, I was totally disgusted, unfortunately our children arrived earlier and had already settled in, it was late cold and to seek other accommodation was at that stage no option. There was no one responsible to talk to everybody left for the week-end. The chef was left in charge of house cleaning, bar, food - Our accommodation on arrival was smelling, kitchen dirty, no utensils, wine glasses, showerhead dirty, not enough fire wood, no fire lighters.

Date of stay: June 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Getaway654309, Owner at Highveld Splendour Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2019

Good day
Thank you for your review.
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Prior to your visit we made contact to make sure you would like to remain in the Self Catering unit you had booked online or move to garden view rooms in the Main house. During your stay and your first mention of concern by your children, we were still able to upgrade you to our Main house and this offer was made twice during your stay, but then declined for reasons we are unsure of. We take everything you have mentioned in to consideration and will make work to sort out any problems.

Management