Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2019 via mobile

What a delightful, beautiful secluded and wonderful establishment this is. I am a difficult customer but I cannot express my delight at the world class service I received from Riaana and her team.

After making my requirements know telephonically before I arrived: vegetarian, here to work so space and peace and quiet and the odd hours I keep, I was lead down the garden to an entirely secluded, gorgeous self contained, spotlessly clean little house.

It has 2 bedrooms with full bathroom en suite, an open plan living area containing a kitchen, dining table/my desk and a lounge area with a tv.

Riaana paid meticulous attention to the detail I provided and I walked into my lovely little house to find the following:

Outside was the welcoming committee of dogs who are friendly and delightful.

A huge basket of fresh fruit on the table
Fresh flowers
Muesli for breakfast
A six pack of yoghurts
Coffee, tea, milk and sugar
Rusks
2 kinds of bread, seeded and brown with an assortment of cheeses and fruit preserves
Fresh Fruit juice
6 Cokes
6 bottles of water

Night 1 provided A delicious vegan schnitzel with a baked potato, stir fried veggies and a delicious mushroom sauce.

Night 2 revealed an equally delicious vegan burger and chips

The best bit was that I also found a fully loaded, ready to go fireplace to light and work in front of for two evenings with NO interruptions at all.

The furnishings are stylish and contemporary and to my delight there are bunnies, dogs, tortoises and all manner of creatures to take a break with while you work.

The cleaning staff literally waited for me to get out of the gate and set about cleaning and tidying the place so that when I arrived back it was all done and not a soul in sight.

This has to rank as one of the best boutique hotels I have ever stayed at. 5 star service all the way!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Getaway654309, Manager at Highveld Splendour Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2019

Dear Jules

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!

It was really very nice to meet you,

We are grateful that you've enjoyed your stay with us, and it was absolute a great honor to be your hosts for your 2-days stay !

It was a great pleasure to meet your dietary inquiry according to your needs

We are looking forward to your next stay(s) with us (in your own little house)

Have a wonderful weekend

Kind regards

Riana Bosman and Staff

Reviewed 23 August 2019

Clean , safe, friendly staf. Accomodation is perfect, relaxed and in a pleasant environment. Diner and breakfast were ok. We were on our way to Joburg from St Lucia sonthis was An excellent overnight.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2019

This is very beautiful and very clean place to stay, rooms are nice and big, and the food is delicious. The staff are friendly, and the location is a little out of town, but well worth it. Very quite and peaceful

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Getaway654309, General Manager at Highveld Splendour Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2019

It was a pleasure to be your hosts at HSBH

Hope we will see you soon a gain

Riana Bosman

Reviewed 24 June 2019

I booked on photo's splendour views, our view was a workshop, flatlet, workers tents, scrap yard, I was totally disgusted, unfortunately our children arrived earlier and had already settled in, it was late cold and to seek other accommodation was at that stage no option. There was no one responsible to talk to everybody left for the week-end. The chef was left in charge of house cleaning, bar, food - Our accommodation on arrival was smelling, kitchen dirty, no utensils, wine glasses, showerhead dirty, not enough fire wood, no fire lighters.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Getaway654309, Owner at Highveld Splendour Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2019

Good day
Thank you for your review.
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Prior to your visit we made contact to make sure you would like to remain in the Self Catering unit you had booked online or move to garden view rooms in the Main house. During your stay and your first mention of concern by your children, we were still able to upgrade you to our Main house and this offer was made twice during your stay, but then declined for reasons we are unsure of. We take everything you have mentioned in to consideration and will make work to sort out any problems.

Management
Highveld Splendour Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 29 May 2019

I spent one night at the hotel and before my conversation with the owner had decided not to return. The hotel is overpriced as well and inefficient and staff including the owner not very honest.
The breakfast was limited, food very basic and service terrible. My colleague and I were sitting at breakfast and she walked right past us and went to greet the white person and inquired how he slept etc. She went out of her way to explain how to order breakfast etc. I noticed this and thought I was being petty but my colleague then mentioned this to me as I sat down.
Unfortunately for me, I left a charger in the room and on arriving home much later that day, I discovered this and when I called I was informed that nothing was found and in terms of their policy they would call me immediately. I then mentioned that I received no call and also this is starting to sound extremely suspect. By now, I was quite angry because I was starting to realise that staff at this establishment was not very honest and the owner was prejudice. I was told that the matter would be discussed with the owner, who would call me in the morning.
She then called me and her story changed twice, initially she told me that the charger was only brought to her in the last hour and when I then mentioned to her why only 24 hours after I left the hotel was the charger given to her. She then back tracked and suddenly she says to me that she called me the day before and they could not reach me. I pointed out to her that that was incorrect, I received no call from her and asked her why suddenly after my call was the charger found. I told her that I would not visit her establishment again as they were untrustworthy and racist. She then informed me that I was not welcome there, which was ok with me I a beautiful hotel does not make up for crappy attitude and service. I have informed our home office of our experience as I work for a intenational aid organisation and they expect the highest level of service and have a no prejudice policy. I await the owners' response.

Room tip: Do not chose a room
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Good day

Apologies that we have not yet replied to your review earlier. I am very sorry for your bad experience and want to ensure you that we are not a racist company and welcome all people, from every corner of the world. I understand the upset and frustration regarding your charger. I can honestly say that we did not receive the charger from housekeeping until the next morning as they had forgotten to bring it to the office and report it right away. Our staff are honest hard working people and have never kept or stolen any item from a guest.
You had mentioned you will send a colleague to pick up the charger on your be halve, we are still in possession of the charger, may you please email us your Postal address so we are able to return your charger to you via post?

We sincerely hope that we can make up for our mistakes in the future should you ever visit Ermelo again.

Kind Regards
Highveld Splendour Boutique Hotel.