See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 November 2017

We stayed at the Salvarola Hotel and Spa.
Quiet and nice room. Relaxing pool. You don't need to rent a bathrobe.
In the morning there are lots of guest in the spa. Better in the evening. Breakfast was nice, with fresh fruit.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2017

I stayed at the Salvarola while being hosted here on a business trip. It's a small hotel with classic styling that's absolutely charming. I was welcomed by the very nice Cecilia who set me up in room 118. The rooms here split a balance between old world Italian and modern italian. For example, the desk, chair and wardrobe are period pieces and the inside window is also period. The exterior window is modern and insulated and the bathroom is completely modern, striking a balance between old world looks and modern advances. The bed was a little soft but comfortable enough.

Was here for three days and had breakfasts in the hotel. The breakfast spread is small and is the typical spread to be found in Europe. Some cold cuts, some cheeses, cereals, yogurt, hard boiled egg, breads, croissants (these were excellent) and juices. They also offer poached eggs and sausages but I suggest getting those early (opens at 7am) as they don't get replaced (ends at 10am). A very nice lady is available to prepare you a fresh espresso or cappuccino as well.

During the summer, the hotel hosts a Concours d'Elegance event for motorist enthusiasts. Being proper for this part of Italy, the hotel seems to be ardent supporters of Ferrari (a plus in my book!).

I don't know the full history but the property was owned by a family and now it is also a spa. Somewhere on the grounds are a full day spa as well as gym and swimming pool. We dined at the restaurant around back a couple of times and the meals were excellent.The husband and wife team that run the place are wonderful people who make great pizzas and just great food all around.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2016

We visited and stayed for 3 nights in December with our Italian friends and booked 2 types of rooms.We choose the top room with jacuzzi. The room was dated and in need of brightening up as dull tone's featured. The bathroom was also dated and the jacuzzi broken with 2 of the jets not working and the rest dirty with a brown scum in them.We showed pictures and told receptionist of the problems no change offered. The hotel has a restaurant which is attached to the hotel but is franchised and serves to residents and outsiders. We ate there and it was OK.The spa is not attached to building so have to walk 80 meters in gown in open air to pool( no mention in web site)very strange.The breakfast was good and plenty of it.This was best part of holiday in hotel.To finish old hotel living off name of original spa next door.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2015

Very good experience specially after many days of travelling . Very good breakfast, good indoor pools, quiet place, near Maranello (Ferrari museum), near historic and attractive city of Modena. The bed was a little bit unconfort ( pillows not fluffy enough) but we had two bathrooms in our bedroom!

Room tip: My room was good, nice view and quiet. I cant say
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2015

Don't take me wrong - the hotel is very good, my rating reflects that properly. Yet, it could be better if it would get some renovation. The location is wonderful, nested in the hills behinds Sassuolo. I had a room with a wonderful view on the nearby vineyard, and as it had just snowed a few days before it was amazing to look outside the window in the morning.

The front desk was very friendly and professional at check in, providing us with additional information about places to dine (we decided to use the hotel's restaurant - see separate review). As we came there in the off-season the hotel was not very busy, and the bar was not open. We still managed to get a drink from there by the receptionist.

Rooms are clean, however slightly outdated and need some overhauling to get them back in shape for the 21st century. The sleep comfort was good, the outside is very quiet as the location is outside the main city.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Alessandro O, Direttore at Hotel Terme Salvarola, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

Dear Wolf,
thank you for visiting Salvarola Terme and for your kind and useful review.
I'm very glad that you enjoyed your staying and I would like to inform you that for next months we are planning an important restyling. Looking forward to show you the new look on your next trip :)