All reviews the ground floor fish cook islands across the road tropical breakfast continental breakfast every morning loved our stay the hotel manager bus stop restaurant staff different places cleaning staff paw paw white sand beach wigmores supermarket serviced daily
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. The rooms are tidy and have everything required. The location is beautiful and it’s great the hotel has snorkeling gear available. Only downside was the restaurant staff. The food itself is delicious but the staff made us feel like we were an inconvenience. Never took drink orders or offered dessert menus. A bit of a shame. Overall a nice basic place that I’d stay at again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rochelle H
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Very confusing. There are 3 Moana Sands hotels / villas etc.
This review is for the Villas. The place opposite Wigmores. This place has no pool or restaurant. That’s place is further towards Miri.

A nice little self contained one bedroom unit. Room 604 is ground floor unit in the corner of the area. Views strait out to sea and access strait onto one of the best beaches on the leeward side of the island. Great snorkelling and canoeing available. Location also has Wigmores supermarket, 24 hour, opposite . Also a great little cafe open till 3pm.
Staff are friendly and do a great job. Reception staff are available to help book trips / hire vehicles etc. Best plus here is location. Just a few negatives to consider.
1. Overpriced
2. This unit was dark and not in the sun.
3. Phone not working for outside calls.
4. Constant walking in the above apartment could heard and at times was a pain.
5. Bathroom floor tiles cracked.
6. No WiFi in this apartment which was the biggest pain.

Most of these niggles where because the price was high. The other larger apartments on site where of high standard as our son stayed in one.
Would I stay again......yes but at a lot lower cost and not in 604.
Don’t let this put you off. It’s a nice place and nice people. Have to be honest though.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dunk893
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights on our wedding anniversary. The only thing I can say good about the hotel was the room facing a seaview. The rest of our experiences are negative from the day we checked in. We arrived around 2.30am in Rarotonga, we approach the hotel airport stand, the porter on duty couldn't locate our booking or the pickup transfer. I had to show him of our booking confirmation. We arrived at the hotel, the porter was helpful enough to show us our room. We were tired after a long fly and wanted to go to bed, disappointed to found the bedsheets weren't change. The bed were sandy, found a few hairs on the pillow and sheets.

The tropical breakfast which included in our bed and breakfast package are not to an acceptable standard. We had to order cook breakfast every morning and paid extra. The coffee served in the morning are just diluted coffee.. If you want to have a brewery coffee you need to pay extra. The breakfast are displayed with the intention to short chain the guests.

We reported to reception in the morning the TV channels were fuzzy, and it is important for us to watch FIFA Worldcup but nothing was rectify. We ended up to watch all matches for the 5 days on the fuzzy channel as we were told the maintenance couldn't tune the TV. The bathroom light were busted, we found hairs in bathroom.

We had dinner on the first night in the restaurant, very poor customer service in the restaurant. My wife order sea food chowder, beef noodles and I had grilled game fish along with two cocktails and desserts. The food were delicious, tumbs up to the chefs. The waiter and waitress are busy setting up the empty tables rather than providing customer service, not focusing on customers need and attention. We finish our entree and had to wait half hour before the main were delivered to the table. The waiter and waitress walked pass our table and chooses not to clear our empty main plates, don't even bother to offer us a dessert or port menu. I had to called on the waiter to clear the plates and get us a dessert menu. We were so frustrated with the restaurant service that evening. For the rest of our stayed at the hotel we have decided the very evening not to dine in the restaurant but to have takeaway. The next four afternoons and evenings, I placed the orders directly with the restaurant and personally collect the meals to our room to eat.

On our last evening at the hotel, I went to the restaurant as usually to place an order but I was told by a waitress the Kitchen has closed. The restaurant was advertised opening hour till 9.30pm, when I question the waitress that it is only 8.50pm her reply was the chef had clean the kitchen and they have decided to close early as there was no customs..... "No customer service minded at all, unconsiderate the important of guests needs and wants" I strongly suggest to the management to train the staff on "Customer Intimacy". I strongly wouldn't recommend the hotel or restaurant. Only credit goes to Penny, a local girl in the restaurant whom at least understand a little the importancy of customer service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dharama S
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Due to a double booking we ended up staying somewhere else. My husband and I were so impressed with Wayne (the Manger), from the pick up at the airport and for sorting everything for us, we loved our meals at the restaurant and the treatments at the spa. This Hotel really has an amazing beach front. Wayne we thank you personally for helping us with everything and we truly loved our wee holiday over in Raro. Many Thanks Sarah & Mike.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank hoff87
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

First time every I had a solo holiday and this was the best place to do it. Right on the beach, ten steps from the door. Amazing. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and very well maintained. Easy walking to nearby attractions such as the tropical gardens. Breakfast included, which is basic but super fresh. Restaurant prices are good and the meals are wonderful. Try the cheesy garlic bread and the pasta with prawns. Yummy!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo