“Amazing food with a view!!”

Little Polynesian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Titikaveka
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 34
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Little Polynesian Restaurant offers casual poolside dining in an open air setting with the most spectacular views on the Titikaveka lagoon. Enjoy a tropical island breakfast, lunch and dinner with a fusion of classic fare with Polynesian cuisine. To complete your dining experience, indulge in one of our tropical dessert delights, a coffee, or perhaps a cocktail or two!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fabulous food and so so lovely service - the people and food with the amazing view is not to be missed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped in to see whether we could have a meal before we flew back home that evening. The experience my partner and I both received, I have never experienced in Raro or NZ. Highly disappointed, I emailed explaining my disappointed, to which I have had no reply. I would never, ever return here. Many more amazing places in Raro with an equally good view to visit.

Date of visit: November 2018
NanT161, Manager at Little Polynesian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Kia Orana Courtney,

Thank you for your patience and thank you for taking the time to email me and providing your valuable feedback in relation to your visit at our resort. It is always disappointing for us when any guest’s expectations are not met, we take this seriously as our success as a business ultimately depends on your satisfaction. It is important to us that our guests both in house and casual walk ins be treated with the utmost respect and with absolute customer satisfaction.

I have had to investigate this with all members of my team and have discussed the events with my staff on what had happened. It is unfortunate that we were not able to accommodate you when you walked through . Our Roadside sign does encourage that reservations are essential and in no way are we prejudice on who dines with us or what guests we allow on property. We have strategically placed signage of our non resident guests policies at the entrances including the Reception lobby and the beach. This includes the dress code for non residents to wear appropriate dinning attire. I do apologise if the staff were rude to you in any way and treated you unfairly. We will work with our employees on our delivery explaining our policies more appropriately.

Again thank you for reaching out and informing us of your experience and again my sincere apologies.

Meitaki e Aroa nui (Thank you & warm regards)

Nan Enoka ǀ Resident Manager

Reviewed 20 October 2018

We booked for the 'couples dinner on the beach' but sadly it was far too windy so we were instead set up in a little gazebo beside the restaurant. This was a shame after we were so excited for the beach meal BUT the service was second to none and the food the best we had in any resort restaurant during our time on the Cook Islands.

The sharing mezze starter was to die for, good mix of fresh fish, local island food and deli snacks. I had the seafood pasta for main, very yummy, and husband had the lamb, also delicious.

Only reason I haven't given this 5 stars is the staff seemed utterly confused that we turned up for the meal on the beach (despite our hotel having phoned to book earlier that day) and they hadn't set a table up for us. We were left sitting for a while to the side while they took their time and there was only one other couple in the restaurant. Then they gave us a feedback card at the end, which I filled out saying how brilliant the meal had been, but making the point about them not being ready for us at first, and then our wonderful waiter who had been brilliant all evening seemed quite offended and was very rude to us on our way out! So a shame to end it that way after it had been a lovely meal and he'd been so friendly.

Definitely worth a visit, great food, a tad expensive as all the resort restaurants seem to be, but the best we had during our time there. Get the sharing starter!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

The service I received from Juita was the best of my trip. He was attentive without being over the top and just generally made me feel very well cared for. The restaurant is around the pool area. Even though it was very windy the night I visited the dining area was comfortable. I was in a covered area and there were plastic screens rolled down to maintain the view while blocking the wind. Juita also brought around cozy blankets for all of the ladies in the restaurant in case we should need them.

I had the Mongolian beef dish (I don't remember the exact name) and it came out sizzling on a cast iron plate and had the most delicious smell. The taste was excellent too. For desert I had an impeccably made creme brulee. Overall both the service and the food made it feel like a true fine dining experience.

1  Thank chucklebelly
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We had another amazing meal here! We come to Raro every year and the Little Polynesian is our favourite restaurant! Juita (spelling?) and Shanaia (??) were super friendly, always greeting us by name and very attentive making sure we didn’t want for anything. Even though it isn’t customary to tip in the Cook Islands, we still insisted on leaving them both a big tip. They worked so hard to ensure everyone was well looked after. The food was fantastic as always. I had the Ika Mata, bruschetta and tuna sashimi which melted in my mouth and all was mouth-wateringly delicious. My husband had the ruby rare tuna and he absolutely loved it (and he’s a fish snob). And the desserts..... luckily my dessert stomach had space! Definitely make reservations as it’s quite small and books up fast. Highly recommend!!