Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$ 181
Hotels.com
US$ 148
US$ 157
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$ 148
eDreamsUS$ 157
Trip.comUS$ 157
All reviews the barn cardamom plantation plantation walk banana fritters room was large stunning views beautiful property munnar town simon estate guide dr tea kerala balcony walks viewpoint
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

Excellent : location, rooms, hospitality..
Family run property surrounded by tea gardens and green hills with cardamom and coffee plantations of their own inside the estate..very warm and hospitable owners, GM and the staff..always trying to accommodate the guest’s demands just like family

Room tip: Good parking space..approx 4 KMs from main town, good road for normal vehicle…for bigger vehicle like traveller a lil linger
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank VaibhavSingla
Reviewed 23 July 2021

perfect sized estate to serve their tourist in the best way. super fun activity by Mr hansel on plantation walk of 2 hrs very knowledgeable experience. food is their very best part since they provide fix menu of kerala lunch is a very unique experience for people who re not familier with the cuisine. they also arranged a special candle light dinner for our special night. very relaxing experience.

Room tip: Estate rooms are very good on the first floor stay for 2-3 nights atleast.
Date of stay: July 2021
John Windermere, General Manager at Windermere Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2021

So pleased to receive this review. At Windermere estate our efforts have been towards creating an environment that's informal and friendly like a home. And we love it when guests leave as friends :) Glad that you were with us on a special occasion, and that you have enjoyed your time with Ancel and at the property.

We look forward to seeing you soon !

Best wishes from all of us

Reviewed 21 July 2021

We spent 2 nts at Windermere in the very cosy Planters room. Hospitality in every sense was stupendous. The food was absolutely fatastic with a very generous variety of Keralite fare. The beds were too comfortable and cozy.
My boys were very excited to cycle and we enjoyed some delightful walks and treks, besides some down time in the cozy library above the Barn. Our guide who led us to the cardamom and coffee plantations was also wonderful. The staff overall and, of course, Sunil ensured our stay was comfortable and more...
Thank you very much and we are sure to return to this pristine location which enjoys the most envious view I presume amongst most properties in the area.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Highly recommended

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review. We were equally thrilled to meet you and family, and so wish you could have stayed longer. We are delighted to know that you all have enjoyed your time at Windermere estate, and we look forward to seeing you all soon !

Best wishes & Regards from all of Us

Reviewed 22 June 2021

We stayed at Windermere Estate almost ten years ago and while there we were given a bookmark which caught the mood of the estate perfectly. I have used this almost to destruction and recently contacted them to ask if they might send me another. They don’t print them anymore but hunted until they found the last two in a drawer and I received these today also with some very nice postcards. I can’t think of anywhere else that To whom I would venture to make such a request, nor that would take trouble to indulge me at such an interval. Very well done indeed!

Room tip: Ask for a cottage
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank macdonaldjuk
John Windermere, General Manager at Windermere Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2021

Thank you for your review ! We were so pleased to hear from you and to know that the bookmark did come to good use. It's one of our all time favourite collateral. Happy reading !

We hope to see you return sometime soon. Best wishes from all of us!

Reviewed 17 March 2021 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The grounds are lovely and the room was large and simply furnished. I loved the swimming pool and seemed to be the only guest willing to brave the cold to use it. My only complaint is that one is not given an option to eat dinner elsewhere, and the set price is exorbitant with far too much food served, although it’s very good. One night was okay, but after that I refused and was met with some coldness. Too bad, because I probably would be reluctant to come again just for this one reason.

Date of stay: March 2021