Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$ 181
Hotels.com
US$ 148
US$ 157
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$ 148
eDreamsUS$ 157
Trip.comUS$ 157
All reviews the barn cardamom plantation plantation walk banana fritters room was large stunning views beautiful property munnar town simon estate guide dr tea kerala balcony walks viewpoint
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2021

We spent 2 nts at Windermere in the very cosy Planters room. Hospitality in every sense was stupendous. The food was absolutely fatastic with a very generous variety of Keralite fare. The beds were too comfortable and cozy.
My boys were very excited to cycle and we enjoyed some delightful walks and treks, besides some down time in the cozy library above the Barn. Our guide who led us to the cardamom and coffee plantations was also wonderful. The staff overall and, of course, Sunil ensured our stay was comfortable and more...
Thank you very much and we are sure to return to this pristine location which enjoys the most envious view I presume amongst most properties in the area.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Highly recommended

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
John Windermere, General Manager at Windermere Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review. We were equally thrilled to meet you and family, and so wish you could have stayed longer. We are delighted to know that you all have enjoyed your time at Windermere estate, and we look forward to seeing you all soon !

Best wishes & Regards from all of Us

Reviewed 22 June 2021

We stayed at Windermere Estate almost ten years ago and while there we were given a bookmark which caught the mood of the estate perfectly. I have used this almost to destruction and recently contacted them to ask if they might send me another. They don’t print them anymore but hunted until they found the last two in a drawer and I received these today also with some very nice postcards. I can’t think of anywhere else that To whom I would venture to make such a request, nor that would take trouble to indulge me at such an interval. Very well done indeed!

Room tip: Ask for a cottage
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank macdonaldjuk
John Windermere, General Manager at Windermere Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2021

Thank you for your review ! We were so pleased to hear from you and to know that the bookmark did come to good use. It's one of our all time favourite collateral. Happy reading !

We hope to see you return sometime soon. Best wishes from all of us!

Reviewed 17 March 2021 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The grounds are lovely and the room was large and simply furnished. I loved the swimming pool and seemed to be the only guest willing to brave the cold to use it. My only complaint is that one is not given an option to eat dinner elsewhere, and the set price is exorbitant with far too much food served, although it’s very good. One night was okay, but after that I refused and was met with some coldness. Too bad, because I probably would be reluctant to come again just for this one reason.

Date of stay: March 2021
2  Thank Cate R
Reviewed 3 February 2021 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and were bowled over by the stunning views, excellent food and attentive staff. Ansel, the on-site naturalist, provided an excellent walk around the cardamom plantation and passed on to the kitchen our love for the local banana fritters, which they surprised us with at tea time.

The room was comfortable and a good size, and we had excellent nights of sleep. The breakfast was plentiful and Keralan lunched delicious. The site is a little away from the main town, and involves a stunning if somewhat bumpy drive. Overall, we had a fantastic time and will be recommending to family and friends.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jm661
Reviewed 17 December 2020

After trying for a quarter of a century, we were finally able to travel to Munnar, Kerala and stay at "Windermere Estate" for two days. A lovely resort perched on the top of a hill and set among cardamom and coffee estates, it is certainly worth a visit and a second and a third and many many more. While the approach left a lot to be desired (no fault of theirs), once you arrive there, its like home.
What impressed us was the care and affection given by each and every staff member right from the MD to the gate keeper. The rooms were comfortable and spacious with all necessary requirements. The food, mainly Kerala Cuisine was delicious & fresh and the views were simply outstanding - especially from the top of the view point which we managed to reach huffing and puffing all the way. It was worth the effort and slight physical discomfort for us oldies..
Again I come to the personal attention. Dr Simon John, the owner, his wife Molly, their son Yohan and his wife Meenu are personally involved in the day to day running of the property despite having a very efficient team in place.. It was a short trip, but thoroughly enjoyable and we left sad not to have stayed a little longer. We will certainly be back for more.

Date of stay: December 2020