“Traditionial Diner with a Twist”
Review of Silver Diner

Silver Diner
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Merrifield
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I've been coming here for years and it still holds up well. Service is excellent. The food is delicious. The menu has diner standards but heart healthy and vegan options as well. Additionally they have seasonal variety with local produce and beverages. For families, couples or a group of friends, you can't go wrong. There are quieter corners of the restaurant if that's what you desire. Juke Boxes add to the ambience though sometimes they don't work quite as expected.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Love the Carmel French toast here. Milkshakes are to die for! Yeah that is right I had a milkshake with my breakfast food for dinner. It was wonderful.

1  Thank stm1258
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I always stop at dinerscwhen we travel because they always have such a huge menu to choose from and the food is almost always very good. My son is moving to this area so we took a short drive around and spotted this diner.

The place was immaculate and the atmosphere took me back to my childhood days in the 50's including original jukeboxes on every table. My wife and I both ordered from the lunch combo page and we were both very impressed with the quality of the food we received.

We both ordered the crab/corn chowder and we agreed it was one of the best tasting soups we ever had. My turkey bacon club was made with real turkey breast and thick cut bacon with a thick slice of mozzarella cheese with romaine and tomato. It was excellent. My wife really enjoyed her sandwich as well.

We look forward to many more meals at the Silver Diner.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Silver Diner has become a staple. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner there is always something for everyone. They have really updated the menu in fabulous ways so there is a ton of variety in addition to the "diner" staples. I now have to follow a very low salt diet and they are not only accommodating, they have a ton of options to eat that are healthy and taste great. Their new turkey burger is delicious as is the roasted vegetable salad and the greek salad. Always fresh and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The Silver Diner in the Merrifield neighborhood, just off Gallows Road, was a nice backdrop for an early morning breakfast with friends on Sunday before hitting the road to a few vineyard tastings.

The food was really well cooked. We were seated rather quickly despite what looked to be a full house. And our service, by none other than Suman, was superb. This gentlemen was great! Super friendly, very informative, helped answer any questions, checked in regularly, was just all around perfect.

All in all our experience was exceptional! We'll be back.