All reviewslovely hotelon arrivalrecommend this hotelnext morningroast beefjacuzzi bathsunday carveryfrom start to finishwedding venuereception areafood was lovelycar parkbar menucourse mealtop classnight staystaff were excellent
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Food fabulous in bar. Breakfast was good but as there were 6 of us we sat at a table for 6. However the table for 6 was in the restaurant part set up for lunch. We didn't know this. Waitress came in and was quite annoyed that she had to change things around. This was no problem as far as I was concerned. The big problem was, it seemed she had just returned from a smoke break and the smell of smoke was not good for a waitress serving breakfast. Apart from this, our over night stay was great craic.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank elaine_mcg
Reviewed 23 April 2018

short stayed as a leisure break . Hotel is lovely and hidden gem in the cootehill town. The food was very good , specially bar food. The staffs were so welcoming and friendly & we would like to give a special mention to super friendly receptionist Anoja , nothing is too much trouble and every request was carried out with a smile.
Definitely we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank string1975
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We came to stay here for a relaxing break and instead left with a bad taste in our mouth.

There is no doubt the errigal is a beautiful hotel and rooms where stunning

Food was amazing, and the bar staff where very helpful

But the quality of service we received was what ruined it for us

Checked in with a lady unioja who had no customer service skills what so ever. Was very rude and seemed to know very little about the hotel itself or any nice park areas.

the next morning at breakfast there was a beautiful spread and a delicous cooked breakfast offered aswell. Which we did opt for my wife had salmon and eggs and I went with the full Irish and both lovely.

However the waitress serving was not as well presented as you would expect of a four star hotel. She had maybe a million rings on her finger. Chipped nail polish and her hair all in her face instead of tied tight back which you would expect.

Her uniform trousers had bits of material dragging from the ends.
And a disgusting smell of smoke everytime she passed us
As a manger in the hospitality industry myself. This is not what you'd expect from four star staff

To manager, you have a beautiful hotel unfortunately your staff let you down.

Luke

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank daveyboy53
Errigal R, Sales & Marketing at Errigal Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review of your stay. We take any negative comments seriously and will look into this further for you and address the issues that you have kindly raised. The Errigal is a beautiful hotel with a great reputation for food, service, guest rooms and of course weddings.

if you wish to discuss the matter further please contact us via email on sales@errigalhotel.com

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a night here for our 1st wedding anniversary and we were upgraded to the bridal suite with jacuzzi bath. Have to say the room was immaculate and so comfortable. We received prosecco and chocolates on arrival and the price included 3 course meal and breakfast. Staff are so welcoming and polite. Such a relaxing atmosphere to stay in. Food was amazing and had the best stay ever. Will definitely be back! Thank you to everyone who made our stay so pleasant

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa K
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed in this hotel for one night recently midweek.It was quiet which I expected but I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it. I found the staff very helpful as I walked in with my small bag a member of staff approached to offer to take it up to my room which I thought was kind . Breakfast was excellent and we ate in the bar for our dinner which we also enjoyed. The only drawback is no swimming pool and the area is very quiet in terms of activities .However for a quiet hotel based break would recommend .

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends