“An excellent place to stay in Ireland”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Foalies Bridge

Lounge looking towards front of house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lounge looking towards front of house
Lounge looking towards the rear of house
Kitchen
Dining area with views of marina and wetlands
Bedroom 1 en-suite
View of the marina
Wetlands looking South
Wetlands looking North
Just one small Pike caught right here at Foalies Bridge
Boat available for hire with house
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Angela221...
Wrexham County, United Kingdom
“An excellent place to stay in Ireland”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The property was immaculate, very well equipped, comfortable and private. we enjoyed our stay immensely and would highly recommend this place to anybody who wants to visit northern and central Ireland. I would like to thank Kevin Carrihill especially as he was very helpful and friendly, plus as we left the property exactly as we found it we had our deposit paid back in full. So if you are planning a visit to northern or Central Ireland this is the place to stay.

20 Aug 2015
Thank you for your kind words. The old sayings are so true, look after your holiday home and your guests will look after it too, give your guests a clean house and they will give it back the same way on departure. Thank you so much for treating our holiday home as you would your own. It was a pleasure hosting you and your family and we do hope to see you again in the near future. Many thanks.
Ken W
Dingwall, United Kingdom
“An excellent base from which to tour the Irish border counties”
Reviewed 8 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I booked this property to be used as a base by three pals and myself. We planned to tour the Irish border counties on our motorbikes. The property looked good on the web page, almost too good in view of the competitive price. When we arrived I was so delighted. The property was as good as the advertisement, better even! The house was immaculate and so well equipped. It is very comfortable. My phone signal was not very good at this location but the free wi-fi provision was excellent and much appreciated.
I agree with the previous reviewer, Sylvia P, that Victoria did not come close to describing the property fairly. I suspect she had an alternative agenda which is not helpful to anyone who might consider renting this property.
Kevin met me and showed me round the property, describing the facilities, how things operate and clearly stating that there is an additional charge for gas. This gas charge came as no surprise as it was clearly stated on the web page. The security gates were very reassuring for us motorcyclists. There was no fear of a bike being removed overnight.
For me this trip was all about motorcycling with my pals but this property and its surroundings was so pleasant that it is quite probable that I will return with my partner and take more time to enjoy the area.

Liked best: The house!!
Liked least: I have to try hard to find a negative! My phone signal was not great but wi-fi made up for that.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
20 Jun 2015
Hi Ken, it certainly was a pleasure welcoming you and your biking buddies. I was apprehensive about accepting a booking from a group of bikers but I need not have worried at all. Ken and his biking buddies were very respectful and a pleasure to host and are very welcome back to any of our holiday homes again.
Sylvia P
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Lovely, comfortable, ideal holiday home for a family”
Reviewed 7 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I wonder if the previous reviewer, Victoria, stayed at this property as we cannot relate whatsoever her comments to our experience.

The house was immaculate, squeeky clean, tidy, well equipped and comfortable and we much appreciated the free WIFI. We were asked at the time of booking how many beds we wanted made up, we said two as we were a party of two adult couples. However, we used the other bedrooms for coats, luggage etc, so they were available. We were advised in advance of the extra charge for gas, which wasn't a problem.

We were met on arrival as arranged in order to gain access through the security gates of the development, and were then given a zapper so we could get in and out when we wanted. We knew that checkout time was 10am and were met by the guardians at the designated time as arranged.

We felt totally at home here and enjoyed the private garden area and picnic bench there. As the development is 3 miles from Beltrubet in a fairly remote area on the banks of the River Erne, we appreciated the security arrangements of this small community. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and found the whole experience a pleasure.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Ease of use, and comfort
Liked least: Noisy plumbing at times
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
10 May 2015
All reviews on our lovely holiday home are welcome, be they good or bad as they help us to continually improve and make the place even better. In this case we are very happy you enjoyed your stay and found the house and its surrounding so enjoyable. We really look forward to welcoming you and your travel party again in the near future. Kind regards,
V1ct0r1a...
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Such a shame - the location is lovely, but the upkeep of this property, much like the level of service is below par.”
Reviewed 22 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We had a lovely holiday, but this was mainly down to the unexpectedly nice weather we had.

On arrival, we were told that only 2 of the 4 bedrooms had been made up - we had particularly chosen the cottage for the 4 bedrooms, mainly due to having my mobility-restricted father-in-law staying with us for 1 night, however on arrival we were told that the rest of the linen was locked away. Whilst a 3rd room was made up when we were out for the day, I feel that even if you assume we would only be using 2 rooms, we should at least have had access to the linen for us to personally make up the other 2 bedrooms - we shouldn't have been forced to ask for a further bedroom to be made up.

When going up to our bedroom to unpack, i (thankfully it was me and not either of my two young sons) nearly stepped on two earrings which had been left on the floor, presumably by a former resident, if the upstairs had been even lightly hoovered before our arrival, these would have been noticed.

Along the same lines, there were a great deal of thick black long hairs, particularly in the upstairs of the property, a clump of which I had to remove from my sons pillow.

One of the towels left for us in a bale was badly stained (needless to say we didn't use this one!).

Beware of the damage deposit - a large proportion of the crockery is chipped/damaged - we have been charged for the replacement of a plate that we did not damage, this is despite us writing to Kevin to advise of this and to complain about the lack of cleanliness.

Another warning - you get charged for using the heating, this wouldn't be too bad if you knew how much it was costing, but you get told how many units you've used at the end of the holiday, we barely used the heating and were told that we would be charged 21 euros and that this plus the fee for replacing the plate (thank god they haven't blamed us for all the dodgy glasses/mugs/plates) would be taken out of our £100 damage deposit, but they have taken the fee out in pounds not euros as I was told!!! As if having to wait a week and a half wasn't long enough for getting your own money back, we have also not been refunded the amount we are owed as we've been charged in pounds rather than euros for our heating/damaged plate that wasn't damaged by us!

Finally - me and my family have stayed in many locations and have always expected to have to be out of your lodgings by a certain time - i was a little disappointed when Kevin told us that someone would be round at 10am on our leaving day to get our keys as if we were ready earlier (which we were), i didn't want to have to hang around, as it was, at 10:20am with a ferry to catch, I discovered that neither Kevin, nor the person that was supposed to collect our keys were on site, they were both in another town... omg!!!

Particularly with children, there is also a need to wear shoes at all times as there are sharp staples jutting out of the upstairs carpet and be careful of the sofa as the three piece is not joined together and my husband fell back in one of the armchairs - not fit for purpose.

I have never written a review like this before and had there been a full refund of my damage deposit, I probably still wouldn't have, but having highlighted these issues to the owner/caretaker and had no apology, I felt obliged to warn potential future holidaymakers.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
30 Apr 2015
Dear Victoria, whilst we appreciate every review of our lovely holiday home as they do help us improve each time for those that follow, I guess, in your case, attack is the best form of defence. I do find it remarkable that in every review we have received thus far, our guests have gone out of their way to comment on the cleanliness of the house. Our holiday home is cleaned thoroughly after each stay by two cleaners and there is also a FULL change of bedding made at that changeover.
All crockery and cutlery is washed at each changeover, regardless of whether it appears to be unused or already washed and there is a full set of spares for the cleaners to draw from should there be any damaged. The dinner plate that was damaged by yourself was very badly burnt and would never have passed the inspection prior to your stay.
I too would like to comment that your booking was clearly made for two adults and two children, one of whom was to sleep in a cot (which was provided, with linen). On arrival, when the additional guest was mentioned, the additional bed was made up without quibble or delay. No charge was levied for your extra person. I would also like to mention that it is clearly stated on the house description and the booking confirmation that the gas heating is charged for separately.
It also seemed that, in your haste to depart, you forgot to mention that the integrated washer/dryer, that you had clearly used, had been broken during your stay.
Gillian_c...
“I would 100% recommend this property. Fantastic place.”
Reviewed 18 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

The owners of foalies bridge were amazing. They got us everything we asked for to make our trip a happy one. They even went to other houses to get a stair gate and travel cot. I go to Cavan often and I will not be staying anywhere else. We have been twice and loved it both times. 10 out of 10.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
30 Apr 2015
Thank you for your review. Each and every one is very valuable to us as they help us to continue to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing