All reviews burnhouse manor mr mrs from start to finish wedding venue anne jack portions friday
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Had a couple of nights here for my wifes birthday and we enjoyed our stay. Nice clean hotel, meals fine, but small portions, that allowed us to have dessert.The room we had could be doing with having an electric shower fitted as there was no pressure but apart from that everything was fine

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2018

I had lunch with a friend at the restaurant in this hotel. When we arrived at 12.15 we were the only people there. Later two other tables were taken. That should maybe have told us something. For a starter we both had haggis and black pudding in a peppercorn sauce. This was excellent - credit where it's due. My main course was poached salmon with poached egg and spaghetti. It was disgusting. The salmon had little flavour and the spaghetti none at all. I ended up leaving most of the spaghetti. My friend had steak pie. The pastry was pale as if not cooked properly. His vegetables had a peculiar taste and had to be left. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. I shall certainly not be returning.

Room tip: I can really only comment on the restaurant. I did not hire a room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank alistairs474
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Burnhouse Manor with my partner. Room was clean and adequately equipped. Bed was harder than we’re used to and the heating was so was on the warm side. Meal in the restaurant was lovely. The overall atmosphere at Burnhouse is very relaxed and friendly. Highly recommend and will return in the future!!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Visited the Burnhouse Manor Hotel on 8th & 9th . This place is very tired and run down . Gardens over grown decor Falling apart .
Very dark bar / lounge area TV didn’t work . Rooms were clean but had to make our own beds no plugs for bath or hand towels floor boards were very creaky and no soundproofing between rooms.
One young waitress was trying to serve 16 people in the dining room ( which had nice decor) and serve 6 customers in the bar . The chef was also trying to serve inbetween cooking ( sometimes getting the wrong food to the tables)
People were complaining about extra add ons to their bills but no sign of owner / manager it was left to the young waitress to face the angry customers.
We were booked in for two nights DINNER BED & Breakfast but had extras added on for desserts which were all on the Same dinner menu .
I witnessed One couple leave after viewing their room .
I definitely won’t be back to this hotel stuck in the middle of nowhere .

1  Thank n0rman14
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Burnhouse for thankfully one night only. Whole impression was rundown and neglected. Appeared to be two staff running the place .
Slow service , bar smelt like damp and feusty very unpleasant. Rooms were ok but dirty not dusted or freshly cleaned.
Evening meal was mostly edible but breakfast.was the totally inedible. I told one of the two staff this and she agreed with me! Don’t go

1  Thank catri0nabr0wn