“Nice but expensive”
Review of Mill at Gordleton

Mill at Gordleton
Reserve with OpenTable
Mill at Gordleton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hordle
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We eat twice at this restaurant as we were staying at the hotel. On both occasions the food was very good but they charge central London prices & fail to do the little extras a top knot have restaurant would do. Service was extremely slow and staffing appears to be an issue. On Friday night I swear we were served by children !!! The man in charge does a great job chatting & smoozing customers but I felt although good the experience was overpriced.
Breakfast was not included in room price and again although the food was good it was expensive on top of a high room price

millmanager, General Manager at Mill at Gordleton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thanks for your review. Please make sure that next time you include breakfast in your room booking as it works out much cheaper. (Normally circa £5 per head instead of £15 per head)
We were unfortunately 1 member of staff down as he fell off his bike on the way to work so the weekend we were short.
I am pleased you enjoyed your meal though

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We were visiting a bar stool warehouse in new Milton and wanted a good place for lunch before long drive home.

Found this establishment nearby, glad we did as it did not disappoint.

The setting is marvellous, the gardens on the banks of the nearby steam, the gardens were also very well tended.

The food,

My wife was in heaven with a starter of mussels, her comment was that they were as good as you would get in France, a top compliment.

I had the Tempura Scallops, cooked to perfection.

For main course my wife had the fish of the day, plaice with new potatoes and veg,
whilst I have the Pan Fried Fillet of Seabass, Chorizo, Fennel, Orange, Wild Rocket, Salsa Verde, again very good.

An excellent lunch, but a couple of things wanting.

- only three slices of bread!!!!!
- too much oil on the rocket salad, making it a tad greasy.

Notwithstanding this we had a tremendous lunch.

Thank you for your feedback. We try to keep wastage to a minimum so please always ask for more bread as we will provide it.
I have passed your food comments back to the kitchen team.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your lunch though.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We took my elderly aunt & uncle for Sunday Lunch. Have been before and enjoyed it and it was at their request we made another visit.
We were seated at a very large round table in the middle of the restaurant. Not my preferred location if I'm honest - sitting in the corner would have been more comfortable & the table was enormous and far too big for just 4 of us. So smaller round table & to one side would have been nicer.
The food was good we had the set lunch @ £29.95 a head plus wine - total bill £153 + service, so £170 for 4. Not bad value really for a pleasant meal in lovely surroundings. We had Prawn Cocktails and a Tempura for starters. Roast Beef was good, my aunt had the Plaice and was very happy. Eton mess, Lemon tart & cheese board desserts all very good. Bottle of Red and a couple of glasses of rose. Couldn't really fault the food. The service was fine too.
I know we would all make another visit. Very happy customer. Thank you .

1  Thank Remotelyworking

Thank you so much for your kind review and I am glad your enjoyed your meal. We always try to suit the table to the group of customers but sometimes the smaller tables do get booked quickly.
Looking forward to seeing you back again soon

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We stumbled across this pub on our way somewhere else and ended up going back twice. The setting is lovely, by the water; the service was good (attentive but not suffocating) and the food was just as good. Definitely worth a visit

Hopefully see you again soon

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

A good choice of food, the staff were very helpful, and the food was delicious. We were encouraged to wander around the gardens, having arrived early, and I would recommend going on a sunny day to get the full benefit.
Whilst not a cheap place to eat, it is a great place to go for a special meal

Thanks for the review and hopefully see you again soon. We do have a snaks bar menu if you ever want to pop in for a quick cheaper bite