US$ 106
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
YHA Beer(Beer)
  • Restaurant
All reviewslounge barsteak and kidney piescallopssunday carveryplace to eatthis family run hotelfriendly hotellive bandpotatoeslovely mealthe pubcar parklarge portionsthe staff were friendly and helpfulexcellent place to staywell worth a visitfresh fish
Reviewed 3 April 2018

If you want a traditional seaside type hotel in a beautiful coastal village this is for you.
The food was very good and plentiful. The beer was rather good as well and Ozzie , our dog ,was also spoilt rotten.
Whilst the room was a little old fashioned and the en suite very tight, it was still clean, tidy and had a comfortable bed.
Would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days last week on a short break. What a wonderful find this hotel was. Rooms were warm, clean and nicely furnished with excellent ensuite shower room. The teatrays well laid up with teapot and biscuits. Free car parking. Spotlessly clean throughout. Staff friendly and efficient nothing too much trouble, will carry the case for you and very helpful. Breakfast delicious as were the bar meals and restaurant meals we had. The hotel offered everything an ordinary person could ask for. The value of this hotel in comparison to other overpriced hotels in Beer is excellent. We would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 84birdie
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here by myself as a last minute solo getaway. It was an amazing bargain which meant I wasn't expecting great things. How wrong was I? The Dolphin is a lovely old pub/ hotel. It retains its history but is nicely decorated with all the facilities most people need. My single room was a good size with a spotlessly clean en-suite. It was quiet, although it was above the car park & bear garden area so possibly could be noisy in busy times. I liked the fact I had a teapot on my tea tray in the room.
The food was good & I felt comfortable sitting in the lovely Lounge bar by myself without feeling like a freak!!
The pub is also dog friendly & has a free car park at the rear. Beer is lovely, I would definitely stay here again. Thank you.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Debbie N
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel clean and great staff members . Comfortable bed and nice ensuite bathroom . Well worth a visit . Easy parking and very easy to find . Short walk to the sea . Pebbled beach . Breakfast included and was very good and filling . Some good hilly walks around .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I just wanted to thank you for coming to my rescue last Thursday evening. As we all know 2 weeks ago the South Coast had sub freezing conditions. Sadly the house we normally stay when visiting Beer had a burst pipe which became apparent when we turned on the water. This happened at 10.30 pm following a 3 and a half drive. We were in trouble and needed somewhere to stay. The Dolphin came to our rescue. Within 30 minutes we had 3 rooms sorted. We have been to the Dolphin for Sunday Roast (which by the way is excellent), a meal or 2 in the restaurant (also rather enjoyable) and numerous beers in the bar. We have never needed to stay as we have always stayed in the family holiday home but thank you so much for making a stressful situation much better. We had a good night's sleep, showered and were off in the morning to enjoy my son's passing out parade as a Royal Marine Commando. I'll be back for a pint when we are next back in Beer! Thanks again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family