Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Holidays

What a fab morning out feeding the walabys was awesome ,lemars,rhinos,tigers,gibbons,red... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2018
Joanne B
via mobile
Park visit

Family visit with an interesting range of animals. Excellent information boards and easy to... read more

Reviewed 24 October 2018
Alison M
Stroud, United Kingdom
via mobile

1,318 results
All reviews hay barn bouncy castle giant rabbits wallaby enclosure space hoppers pizza anna ryder richardson large enclosures play area natural environment lemur walk swing ball animals seem anna's welsh zoo lots of space run around sand pit
Reviewed 27 September 2018

The people who put “ok” are clearly not really into animals or wildlife, why bother coming to a place like this in that case? It exceeded our expectations. Always a bonus to have glorious sunshine but plenty for kids to do on a rainy day if such is your luck. How you could do the whole park in an hour beats me - I am guessing they didn’t realise you could actually enter the wallaby enclosure, the giant rabbits, the African Village and the lemur enclosure, in which case you might be able to race around the park in an hour without actually seeing much - just nonsense! You get wallabies coming right up to you and gently taking prescribed food from you. You can stroke them and also the giant rabbits and Camaroon sheep and goats. The lemurs you can get up close but not touch - we got so close that I almost got pooed on as a lemur hung over our heads in a holly tree. The gibbons were fantastic, clearly blissfully happy and their singing was unforgettable. The park itself was beautiful with lots of interesting features, flora and fauna. It felt very natural with many animals getting to live similarly to in the wild, not just one species per enclosure, lots of trees and natural surroundings. We loved Folly Farm, but Manor Park was a lovely contrast and just as good in its own way, if not better for atmosphere. We found the food was good and the coffee exceptional in flavour (we had latte). Wasp traps helped to ensure a low-hassle lunch under the honeysuckle canopy and the wandering peacocks begging for scraps was a bonus. The childs play areas were much appreciated by our 5 year old - very hot in the domes but that can’t be helped really. So much space to play. Really there were so many features I have run out of time to rave about them all. Thanks to all the staff for a really memorable day and don’t change! This place has personality!

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Really enjoyed feeding the Wallabies they were friendly and my daughter loved petting them. Lots of other animals in a beautiful setting.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 22 September 2018

discovering a wallaby enclosure was my first highlight then feeding them was so lovely they were so gentle a very unusual but satisfying visit on this alone. the rhinos lemurs goats red panda tapirs zebras camels were all just extras . i found the staff to be extremely helpful . the choice of food and drinks in the cafe was also delightful.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Couples visit without children.

Took us around an hour to do the whole park. That was without lunch and we weren’t exactly rushing.

Entrance fee does seem a little steep, cost £27 for two adults. For a family of 4 this could be an expensive day. I can’t comment if they do deals on entry for children or family’s.

Signage could be better... I walked past the toilets and cafe three times before asking in the shop where the toilets where... was then told “in the Manor House” I went to the Manor House, walked around and found myself behind the counter of the cafe as there was a room with about 3 doors which I now know one of them has a small sign saying cafe. Having then again asked where the toilets where in the empty cafe, I was directed back outside down the side of the Manor House and located the toilets. Usual story. Urine on the floor... stinking of urine. Clearly not regularly checked.

Gift shop as usual for a zoo, overpriced. £16.99 for an approx 10cm plush lion.

As far as the staff go, throughout the whole of the site, I didn’t see a single member of staff smiling, the cafe staff seemed more interested in there conversation between themselves than what I wanted, hence why we didn’t have lunch.

Animals however looked well cared for, the tigers did seem to be pacing a hell of a lot though. Not sure if this is normal.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

My brother took me here on Sunday 16th September as a belated birthday present. Despite the drizzly weather we loved it! The wallaby walkabout was a highlight, we constantly went back for more food to give them and get all the wallaby hugs and selfies we could. The park is a decent size, not too big, not too small and the animals are all well looked after. The enclosures give the animals privacy which meant it took a few laps around the park for us ro be able to see them all but the tigers and red pandas came out to say hello eventually!

The food was okay, the pizza and the hotdogs were nice and the ice cream was decent.

The animals talks were interesting - We caught the Chimp/Gibbon talk and the tiger one.

A special mention to the keeper who gave the Tiger talk, who stood with a small group of us in the pouring rain to give us all her knowledge despite the fact the two tigers were happily inside sheltering from the rain with full belly's.

Overall, its a nice place, the aninals look well cared for and importantly they are clearly very very loved by the staff who see them on a day to day basis

1  Thank _bethhope65