“had a dreadful meal for 3 tonight, poor service but awful, undercooked, lüke warm food”
Review of The Horse & Groom

The Horse & Groom
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Twyford
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 24
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2017

do not use this place for food, ok for a drink outside but the food was awful. not a single good word to say about it, the staff all know how bad it is, every guest we saw paying their bills complained. never again

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely, large and very popular restaurant. We went on a Wednesday night and it was extremely busy with only a couple of tables free. The menu was nicely broad, covering two sides of A4, with daily changes. The kind I'd food available is a good mixture of old classics extremely well done and slightly fancier dishes. My party of four all loved our food; my blue cheese, vegetarian pie was amazing. The portions are so large I was glad I'd reluctantly decided against a starter, as I wouldn't have finished my main had I eaten anything before.
The only downside of this place is the noise levels. I'm not sure why it's so bad and what they can do about it but we couldn't hear each other over a table for four.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I did exactly that, new chef, new owner, and new menu since I went here over a year ago. I have been again 4 times for dinner/ lunch, and it was really nice now. Very friendly, lovely food, great wine, great chefs, staff with lots of knowledge, happy, so good to them to please us with their helpfullness attitude. I am going again with 19 people friends for my Birthday next month.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Four of us went for Sunday lunch and the place was very busy however, this did not stop them providing excellent service and great food. The waitress was very professional and the food was prompt, hot and generous portions. The Sunday roast was super quality and the desserts scrumptious. Well done to everyone concerned, I have already booked for November.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This was a solo visit, but I've been several times recently in parties. Lovely ambience, comfortable seating, great food and service. What more can one want?!