“Give us a go, please, new owner.!!”
Review of The Horse & Groom

The Horse & Groom
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Twyford
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 24
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2017

I did exactly that, new chef, new owner, and new menu since I went here over a year ago. I have been again 4 times for dinner/ lunch, and it was really nice now. Very friendly, lovely food, great wine, great chefs, staff with lots of knowledge, happy, so good to them to please us with their helpfullness attitude. I am going again with 19 people friends for my Birthday next month.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Four of us went for Sunday lunch and the place was very busy however, this did not stop them providing excellent service and great food. The waitress was very professional and the food was prompt, hot and generous portions. The Sunday roast was super quality and the desserts scrumptious. Well done to everyone concerned, I have already booked for November.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This was a solo visit, but I've been several times recently in parties. Lovely ambience, comfortable seating, great food and service. What more can one want?!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Hadn't visited here in years so as we were visiting the Owl centre nearby we popped in for an early dinner. The staff were all really friendly, thought the menu read well and had a wide range of food to satisfy everyone from lighter bites to full on meals.
A good test of a place for me is the quality of the burgers, they were lovely here and the other dishes we had, scallops, chorizo and prawn salad, kids pasta all went down a treat. Some good ales and decent choice of wine by the glass all served by friendly staff in a lovely pub.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This is one of my wife and my favourites for a good quality pub restaurant . It hasn't got a huge menu, which I think is always a good sign. It's always good, the staff are attentive and pleasant. The worst thing I can remember is lukewarm coffee but this was sorted quite quickly.