All reviewspoolbreakbeddingspreadshower
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I picked this hotel recently at random as a group base for a hike. We found it far exceeded our expectations in every way: price, food, cleanliness, breakfast, location, staff. They accomodated our crazy group and allowed us to spread out maps, etc and occupy a table for hours. WHen my husband forgot his glasses, we called and they were waiting for us. A problem with hot water availability was fixed immediately. The breakfast was far above average and food in the restaurant was reasonable and well-prepared. I plan to use this hotel as our base in the future - wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We stayed here whilst attending a Motorsport event at nearby Spa Francorchamps. The room we had was an excellent size consisting of an open plan sitting room, kitchen diner plus wc, shower room and double bedroom ....plus a beautiful furnished terrace. The kitchen was well equipped, bedding was good quality and very clean. The restaurant has a well deserved excellent reputation in the area, very good food at reasonable (for Belgium!) prices.
We were very pleased with this hotel and felt it offered superb value for money.

Room Tip: Room 3 has a lovely private terrace.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScottandlindaC
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at Aux Ecuries De La Reine for three nights during a nice weekend in February.

We had a room for four, but it turned out to be almost a whole house. Two separate bed rooms, a cosy bath room, a mini kitchen with sink and micro wave, plates, cups etc. And a spacious living room with dining table, and open fire. You could buy logs at the reception, so you can have a wonderful evening at the fire place.

We had a full breakfast with different bread, boiled eggs, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, pan cakes, ham, cheese, yoghurt, cereals, cake, and even more. All served by a very cheerful lady.

The beds were very good, and the house was clean and well maintained. We had a small problem with the shower (a little leak) that was taken care of immediately, and because it needed a plumber that was not available during the weekend, we even got an offer to change rooms. We did not as the temporarily solution was more than sufficient, but it proves great value for service!

We did some great hikes. A few are starting just at the house, another one was only a 5km drive.

I cannot judge the pool as it was covered with snow and ice, but it looked good!

I would definitely recommend this location to everybody who wants to explore this part of the Ardennes

Room Tip: We had room 8. Two bed rooms upstairs, with small kitchen and spacious living downstairs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Lovely! Very lovely.

Rooms are adequate, but the charming host and his excellent restaurant is out of this world!

It is the best reason I have to return to Belgium.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greenacres58
Reviewed 3 August 2008

This was my third visit to the Ardennes and finally I found my dream country inn! My husband and I loved it so much that we plan to go back and take family who have never known the joy of the Ardennes wih us. Cooling off in the pool was just great! And the big and clean rooms were just perfect.

And then there was dining! I have done it all over the world and have never had it better!

eating! I have eaten on some of rhe finest cruise ships ib rhw

Stayed: July 2008