1,952 results
All reviews sands restaurant private beach no lift building work beach bar sea view st ives superior room secret escapes reception staff restaurant staff coastal path lovely hotel heated pool stunning location spa treatments wedding party
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Just a quick note to say how fabulous our food tasting was last Friday. The service you provided was absolutely 1st class and we were very impressed with the advice you gave us and the help you've provided so far. It is really appreciated and we are very much looking forward to our wedding day. Harriet you are a star!

Secondly, Tony (restaurant manager) was also superb in the service he provided for our evening tasting. Excellent attention to detail and very knowledgable, he was friendly in his approach and we really couldn't ask for more. Food was out of this world! (thank the chefs!)

We look forward to seeing you again and are now extremely excited about our wedding day.

Mike and Hannah x

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2016

I stayed here with family for a night ( with meal included) as part of a deal from a travel website.We have been to St Ives a fair amount of times before and stayed in other similar hotels .As I booked a deal stay I can not really comment on value for money.

The private beach and location right on the beach is the biggest selling point of this hotel although you do pay a fair amount more for a sea view room the restaurant and smaller garden room have lovely views of the sea and beach.The Small Sauna on top the hill was very cosy, the spa aspect is small but very tasteful inside.facilities are limited but of a good standard and clean.

Other good points: The staff seemed friendly and attentive. The meal we had in the restaurant was very well presented and tasty ( Dessert was excellent especially) and the service was quick so we did not have to wait long in-between courses. Overall the hotel is finished beautifully and to a high standard especially in the rooms which have enough space but feel luxurious especially the bed which was a nice firmness. The beach club also owned by the hotel which we ate at was very nice and rivalled similar places to eat, also it is on the beach and is chic inside.

The train line does run past the back of the hotel but it was not noisy enough to bother either of us.The only small bother for me was that there were no biscuits with our tea in the room but this is a very small nit pick.

To surmise I feel beach aspect really sells itself here and Carbis bay is very nice and a lot quieter than being in St Ives so feels more personal. The hotel overall has a really high standard in terms of decoration,food and location and it is nice to still have the lovely beach but not be in the main town.Staff were also very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

This was our second visit to this hotel and was a treat for my husbands birthday. This time we stayed in room 213 which was in the small side compared to the last room we had but still very nice with lovely side sea views!! The last time we stayed we found the service in the restaurant was not great but this time it was fantastic!! Both at dinner and breakfast! The only request we didn't get was a table by the window for breakfast on husbands birthday but the staff dealt with this and were very apologetic. We used the spa and once again this was great!! My only complaint here would be the access to the spa is through conservatory or restaurant which isn't great plus no shower gel in spa shower only shampoo and conditioner!! Strange!! Love this place and will definitely be back!! (Forgot to mention the awful noise from works going on below however sure that won't be for long)

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yvette7
Reviewed 27 March 2016

This is my 3rd return trip since November 2015 - and what can I say except "it's my own little piece of paradise"! From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were treated with courtesy, kindness, humour, and helpfulness, and I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. From the room maids through to the front of house staff everyone has been lovely. We dined twice in the Restaurant at night and once at the Beach bar and on each occasion had the most lovely, well cooked, beautifully presented food served by Enrique or Danny both of whom we found most attentive to our every need, and we found the staff at the Beach Bar/restaurant equally attentive. Our room was lovely and with a relaxed feel and lovely view, and we really enjoyed having the chance to chill there when not out walking or using the Spa. Communal areas such as the conservatory and lounges are relaxed and welcoming if you just want to read or chat and drinks and food served in these areas are also of high quality.
The beach at Carbis Bay is stunning and the walks along the coastal path beautiful too. We walked one day out to Lelant and back, and the other day over to St Ives and round the edge of all the beaches before heading back for a luxurious laze in the hot tub. I have stayed in many hotels on winter breaks but never have I found one so consistently of high standard. Whenever I email the hotel I am always greeted with friendliness and courtesy and I look forward to returning once again in the Autumn when the busy season is over. This hotel is family owned but it provides everything you might expect from a large chain hotel and more besides.
The location is stunning - you only have to step out of the hotel and you are amazed by beautiful views, golden sands and a gorgeous bay.

Room Tip: Ask for what you actually want and they will do their best to accommodate depending on what they have available -
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trotskite
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

What can I say about this hotel....I agree with some comments about the reception staff, there were a couple of issues too lengthy to go into but on one occasion we wanted to eat in the beach restaurant rather than the dining room,just for a change, we had a dinner b & b package, we were told they always try and accomadate however there was no availability at all and they were 'very busy tonight', I asked for a call if there were any cancellations, no call came so thought I'd just double check before going down to dinner, another lady answered and apparently there was lots of availability so we could eat there and on the evening there were an abundance of empty tables so got the feeling she couldn't be bothered to accommadate us when initially asked.
Our room was lovely HOWEVER is classed as superior and it should be classed as standard, the room is small (i couldn't put my case flat on the floor as there wasn't room) it was decorated to a lovely standard though and was very clean, I just think room grades should be evaluated to ensure guests expectations are met.
However I disagree with negatives about the waiting on -staff /service they were a CREDIT to the hotel, exemplary manners and service, ultra professional and food really good.
Pool and hydro pool lovely on a sunny day overlooking the sea.
Diggers etc put a dampener on your initial impression when arriving (car park and surrounding full of workmen and a bit chaotic ) however obviously that's not forever.
Overall I would recommend but just feel a few tweeks required

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple