All reviewsfresh milkguest housefried breadfamily room which was very spaciousquality sausagesmini fridgelittle things that makest ivesfull englishbreakfast was deliciousan excellent place to staycoastal pathgive advicelong journeylovely guesthousecar parkshort walk to the beach
Reviewed 15 April 2015

Excellent location just 10 min walk from the Carbis Bay beach.
Anne is an excellent host very helpful with her knowledge of the area and tips for small journeys around the area.
Anne even bakes croissants for your breakfast if you wish to have some freshly baked croissant for the morning.
I will definitely go back to St Ives and stay at the Mustard-Tree.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2015

Fantastic location on top of the hill that leads down to Carbis Bay and from there a short 20minute coastal walk to St. Ives.

Upon arrival we were met by Anne, very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the bathroom was clean and modern.

A selection of breakfast choices were available and all of them that I had during our three night stay were very good.

We would definitely recommend staying here and we would stay here again if we find ourselves in the area.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
AnneMustardTree, Owner at The Mustard Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2015

Glad you enjoyed your stay. You would be most welcome if you come back to St Ives!

Reviewed 26 March 2015

My friend and I had travelled down to St. Ives for the first time. We booked a twin room at the mustard tree as the reviews on the whole were excellent. The B&B owners were warm, friendly and welcoming and happy to collect you from the station on arrival. The house is located in a quiet area, it does back onto a main road however the double glazing meant we didn't hear it. The house is located in a convenient area in which you could easily walk to the various beaches. I would highly recommend the coastal walk - beautiful scenery and some good places for photography. The rooms were clean and fresh an the decor tasteful. In out room we had the use of a modern flat screen tv, kettle, fridge all in good working order. We were also provided with a set of towels each which were clean and shampoo and shower gel was provided in the clean and generous sizes bathroom including bath and over head shower. Breakast in the morning was well cooked, there was a good range on offer including fresh fish on requesting locally sourced ingredients and the hosts even catered for gluten and dairy free guest. All this for a reasonable price. Would highly recommend and would definately stay again if I'm ever in the area. Thanks for our great stay

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cma_1357

Hi! Thank you for writing your review. We work hard to have everything clean and well provided for our guests. Thank you so much.!

Reviewed 23 March 2015

Anne and John are a very friendly couple, peaceful, helpful and attentive to their differing guests needs. We had to go down to Carbis Bay for a funeral and booked this B&B last minute, we stayed 3 nights. We have no hesitation in recommending this guest house to anyone. Anne and John are very informative on their area and will help with information on where to visit and eat. We were in room 8 and could see the coast line from this room, brilliant for us. The room was fully equipped, clean and comfortable. There is a small fridge in the room where fresh milk is put in daily for the tea and coffee.
There is also a large lounge where guests can sit and relax, in fact on arrival we were offered tea or coffee and after a very long journey this was very welcoming. Breakfast is tasty, hot, plentiful and a good choice if you do not want a full English.
For overseas visitors please do not hesitate to book this B&B you will can be assured of a very good stay, they will advise you on how to see Cornwall in all its beauty.
We have stayed in accommodations all over the world The Mustard Tree is a memorable as any of those.

Now for the down side of our stay................ we had to go home! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view... if one is available
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank holidayqueenDerby

Thank you for your review. We are really glad you had good stay despite the sad circumstances.
Best wishes to you.

Reviewed 13 February 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for prayer and contemplation. I did not know it was a Christian B&B when I booked but from the reviews. All the better for me. Anne and John are very hospitable. They are friendly but also respect clients privacy, they never impose. I stayed in room 6 which was perfect, a double bed, tv, wifi, en suite and seating space so I could read. The view out of the window is The sea by Carbis Bay beach. There are many beaches in St Ives, all very clean and beautiful, the sea is crystal clear. I visited St Nicholas' chapel on the hill by the harbour and Godrevy lighthouse and cliffs with seal in the sea! Anne is very knowledgeable of the area. The breakfast was absolutely spot on too. I found The Mustard Tree quiet which was perfect for me.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo