“An unforgettable view of the sunrise at BBF”
Review of Bohol Bee Farm

Bohol Bee Farm
Ranked #2 of 96 Panglao Island B&B and Inns
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
“An unforgettable view of the sunrise at BBF”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We were at BBF just last March 28-31. Our room was upgraded from the Bungalow type to Honeycomb suite which was a two-storey room, with 2 bathrooms, large beds and large sofa beds on each floor..super comfortable. And the best part was the upgrade was FREE!

Food was delicious but my children did not like the organic rice. Twas a good thing that white rice was available. Breakfast was the best..very tasty pancakes, the most delicious chocolate drink I have ever tasted..

My son and I woke very early to see the sunrise at the view deck of BBF. And it was amazing...

BBF made our first trip to Bohol unforgettable..Will definitely come back..:D

Room Tip: Choose their honeycomb suite..Arrange for your transportation to the seaport/airport earlier to avoi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank WengDJ
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2012

If you are looking for a luxury beach front location then this is not the place. If you are looking for organic good and great service then read on... What makes this place unique is all about the good, drink and craft.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Photo_tours
Cebu
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed here before and the cottage was nice, very authentic filipino except it has full airconditioned room and not first class amenities though. What makes this special? Tried their coffee made out of roasted corn and also a salad with flower petals lol. They also have the bee colony which you can see as part of the attraction. Never forget to grab honey, kalamay and ube jam before leaving this place and this wonderful island of bohol!

• Stayed June 2011
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Whenever I travel, I always research about the place. Before I make my final booking, aside from price, I depend on the reviews written about the place. I have decided to return the favor by writing reviews, albeit long overdue and delayed, of the many places I have stayed in.

The Bohol Bee Farm was part of the package I booked for my trip to Panglao, Bohol last year. Although the place did not have a beach area to swim in ( I actually don't mind this because I am not into swimming in the beach anyway), I would have wanted to get several photographs of the famous white sand beach of Panglao.

What I remember most about Bohol Bee Farm was its EXCELLENT FOOD. Imagine my surprise and delight when the flowers of the resort were part of the salad that I ate. The food was really delicious and the prices reasonable. And the place grows its own veggies, herbs, honey etc...-- this is why it is called a FARM.

To make up for the lack of beach front area, the place has an indoor pool which I found too dated and not too enticing because the place wasn't well lit and smelled damp.. The rooms were ample in size but lacked lighting (again) Room and bathroom were average.

We hardlly spent time in the resort because we were too busy taking in the sights of Bohol--Chocolate Hills, Loboc River Cruise, the churches, tarsiers, etc...I laud the tourism effort of the province.

On my next trip to Panglao, Bohol, I probably won't choose to stay at the Bee Farm again but I will definitely drop by for the food.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mariloureyes2001
Davao City
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Way back in October, my best friend and I decided to leave our cares and take an adventure. We decided on a 4-day Bohol escapade. I scoured the websites for places to stay and that's when I found the Bohol Bee Farm. The reviews (I place a lot of faith in the comments of other travelers) were all glowing, the pictures posted were amazing and the word-of-mouth from friends who stayed there were all positive. The place impressed me from the get-go. Best decision ever!
Bee Farm is labelled as a bed and breakfast. Despite having 22 rooms, you still have the ambiance of a B&B and the pricing to match.
Upon arrival we were greeted with the great news that we got a room upgrade. We stayed at the Inabanga Room and it was a delight. This unit was newly renovated. It was spacious, clean with huge bathrooms and a comfortable bed, located a few steps away from the jacuzzis (yes, with an "s", they have 4!).
This place is well staffed. Everyone we met during our stay were very friendly and accommodating; from the driver who picked us up at the ferry port, to the front desk personnel, to the farm tour guide and the restaurant staff. They all had a ready smile and were quick to respond to requests.
I had read a great deal about the good food, and can safely say all those other comments are spot on. The flower salad is both aesthetically pleasing and delicious, the resort spreads paired with hot bread baked on-site are not to be missed, and the cheese pizza (had it twice) is a must try. If you're into teas, there is a variety to choose from, all created with Bee Farm herbs.
You can join a farm tour that is very informative. I now know a lot more about bees then I previously did. I even got to hold one of those honeycomb screens full of worker bees! The tour also includes a quick overview of their herb garden and the viewing of local craftsmen creating interesting souvenirs and decors.
The Bee Farm though is not for all. I don't recommend it for people who have difficulty walking - it's built on the side of the cliff so getting from one place to another entails climbing (rooms are on the upper part but the restaurant is on the lower side overlooking the sea, not to mention getting to the boat dock means walking down steep stone steps). Nor do I suggest beach lovers to stay here (there is no beach - just a deck for sunbathing and a dock for the boats). But all for all others, this is the place to stay!
Another advice? Bring an extra bag! I'm sure you'll want to shop at the country store and take back with you the different food products from honey to spreads to chips to teas, etc. as well as hand-crafted souvenirs made by the locals.
Fabulous rooms, friendly staff, delicious food, what more do you need for a truly wonderful vacation?

Room Tip: If you hate stairs ask for a room on the first floor (one building is 3 floors high). You'll be...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends