Paragayo Resort(Panglao Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 31
Agoda.com
Bohol Beach Club(Panglao Island)
US$ 206
Veraneante Resort(Panglao Island)
US$ 56
US$ 87
US$ 67
Sun Apartelle(Panglao Island)
US$ 66
Agoda.com
Bohol Coco Farm(Panglao Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 17
US$ 14
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
South Palms Resort(Panglao Island)
US$ 922
US$ 858
US$ 1,306
Trip.com
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsdvd libraryprivate beachlocal artsmall art gallerypaintings and sculpturesalona beachsea urchinsthe hotel's restaurantinfinity poollow tidechocolate hillstarsier sanctuaryhotel guestscountryside tourwhite beachcommon areastagbilaran port
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days and at first i was quite hesitant because the logo sign going to the place is not visible so i thought the place might be "so so"..but was i very wrong!! The moment I entered at the reception, i felt the warm greetings by all the staff!! As i walk to the restaurant, what a great view!!! The place is really for relaxing, quite and very very clean!! Kuddos to all the staff, sorry for i forgot their names. Kids had fun playing the darts and pingpong!! So much activities that u can do on this resort!! On my last night, i had a terrible muscle pain (maybe because i over swam at their very clear and white sand beach), they hurriedly gave me pain relievers for FREE!! See how hospitable they are? Also, loved the food at their restaurant. Had dinner there twice and loved every single bite!! Value of money is so worth it! Rooms are clean and with complete toiletries!! I would give this hotel a 10 star for making my vacation memorable!! Thanks Amarela!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharolyn E
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

I chose this hotel based on all the reviews I read on Trip Advisor and I can honestly say that I did not regret my choice.

If you want a quiet, calm and laid back vacation, this is the hotel for you. The feeling that you get is like staying in the "hacienda" back in those olden days where you have read as a child. The hotel has all the amenities of a modern one. It's very well-maintained and very clean. There's a beautiful and small pool that one can enjoy if you don't want the beach.

We loved every minute of our stay here. It is a great way to end our Philippine visit before going back to Manila and back to the U.S. Let's just say, "It is the calm before the chaos."

Kudos to all the staff. I have to say that Filipino hospitality is just so distinct and different. The people that work here are so genuinely warm and very polite. I can't say enough nice words to say about them. My husband and I are truly grateful for their hospitality.

I know I will miss this place once I'm back home. I will always treasure Amerala. I only wish I can back soon!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Amarela for 3night for a post-wedding trip with a group of family and friends from US. Everyone was blown away by the beauty of the resort. The resort arranged our pick-up from tagbilaran port and offered to prepare a welcome dinner for us on the beach. That was very nice of them. The food & the location made our first night unforgettable.

The structure & decoration of the resort and rooms demonstrate an excellent taste and passion for traditional arts & craft which really make Amarela stand out.

Finally & most importantly, the staff of Amarela Resort are attentive, friendly & efficient.

We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely recommend Amarela Resort. Our only issue is that, its hard to swim at the beach on low tide.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights (april 21-23) and everything is absolutely amazing.

We loved everything in Amarela. If it wasn't for my bf who's a first time visitor in Ph, I wouldn't leave amarela. This place is perfect! Well it's perfect for those who prefer relaxation at its best. Not much crowd, And with only 25 rooms (?), I felt like I rented the whole place! There were only two or three more couples/families aside from us. Food was superb, although we both agreed that the serving size isn't much for the price, its the quality you are paying for. All staff are friendly and go out of their way just to make your stay comfortable. We stayed in 401, and both the room and the view from the room is breath taking. Everything is super clean as well, spacious and clean bathroom. The only downside is, when I informed one of the staff that the shower isn't working, they or he didn't do anything. But because everything is so good, I put that issue aside and just used the other one on the tub. Regrettably, we only went to the beach once. We didn't swim. But it looks inviting, though I think tou really do need aqua shoes before you go in. There are hammocks and beach beds you can use.

Hopefully, in the coming years, we will come back and stay a little longer. This place is really good to relieve stress and just enjoy nature with your family/loved ones.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki P
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We loved our stay with Amarela, especially given they saved us from Dumaluan Beach Resort (which was shocking).

The resort is small, we stayed in a double room with a king and double bed. Never felt cramped or underserved. Bathroom was massive and lovely. Decor is period (plantation style) and warming. Linens and towels also good quality. You can tell consideration and thought has gone into the setup of this place.

The staff are lovely albeit a little slow at times. No language issues if you speak English. They helped us arrange tours, transport into town (Alona beach), and cars to go to wedding functions (we were there for a friends wedding). The food quality is amazing by Philippines standards and well priced. We only had buffet breakfast and lunch, but they also seemed to have some specials at night.

The resort is not a "sit by the pool or beach and have someone serve you hand and foot". It feels likes you are staying in a old plantation home in colonial times. It's really cosy and lovely. But if you want big Resort flare and service go to South Palms or Eskaya (and pay the price).

Views from the restaurant are amazing. The beach is semi private. On the weekends both sides of the resort are bordered by public beaches and 100s/1000s of people descend. The noise is not that bad but there is foot and bike traffic as people move from one public beach to the other. A tough guard is on standby in case it gets too much.

One warning for this beach (all resorts) there 100s/1000s of sea urchins in the sea, mainly in the grassy areas. If you do a boat tour and it returns at low tide, the walk to the shore will be long, and you will get stung. Beach shoes are essential. They sell them in the store at Amarela.

We loved our 6 day break and would definitely come back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple