“Great beach get-away”

Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Panglao Island
Quezon City, Philippines
“Great beach get-away”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We have been to Ananyana several times and have always had a hard time leaving. The facilities are well appointed, the food is great, and the staff will bend over backwards to make sure you get what you want. The kids loved every visit, particularly running on the beach and then splashing around in the pool, which was one of their favorite places to kick back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris_Stolk
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tokyo
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My wife and I had a wonderful stay for 2 days / 2 nights. Ananyana was a small resort therefore, very quiet, with lovely gardens and an excellent beach. Looking out from our room (No.9) or from the restaurant across the garden, through the trees and beyond the waters was soothing, and restful.

- Bungalow

Large room, nicely appointed. Comfy bed.
Outdoor bathroom - quite nice.
AC good, kept room cool
No TV, but no problem. We enjoyed the piece and quiet, plus used the WIFI for internet from time to time.

- Gardens
Beautiful, charming
Well kept
Pool - mini pool, but totally fine. Cool and refreshing

- Restaurant
Every meal we had was excellent. Delicious
And large portion so we found one main and side to share was fine.

- Service
All staff very, very friendly
My PC didnt work at the beginning. JR let me use the office internet without worry.
He even called our next resort to help arrange our transfer

- Beach
Lovely sand
Quite tidal so in afternoons was angle deep. It wasnt a problem because we swam lots in the morning and had the pool to use. Plus, with the tide way out, it created a different and interesting view for a great sunset.

Note; must bring your insect repellent. I got bitten/stung a few times by small insects. I didnt have any repellent. Had I put some on, perhaps I would have been fine. My wife was fine, other guests didnt seem to have any problem.

Overall, we had a lovely time, very relaxing, loved the surrounds. It felt like a small, charming resort, very cozy.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DMYTokyo
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Ananyana is a great escape. A very secluded resort with a great beach, nice pool, classy accommodation and quality and unique food.The resort is quite small but quality over quantity is always the way i see things. The food may be a bit expensive to some, but if you take in consideration the ingredients and taste, I would say it is well worth the price. The staff is well trained, always very friendly and courteous. This place is perfect if you are with your partner and you want to have a vacation in a quiet and serene place.

Room Tip: in front of the pool.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diana_zialcita
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Its the best place for couples and we loved this place. Its really amazing place like a paradise. We stayed 4 nights and we never forget Ananyana in our hearts. We always remembering this paradise.

Staff are very friendly. Excellent services.

Even though there nothing to saw outside the resorts but Its really awesome for us.
We will be back someday.

We loved it.

Room Tip: Near at the beach
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dreal1
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I've been planning this trip to Bohol for about 2 months and I've read a lot of reviews about the different hotels. The Ananyana is not a 5 star resort, it's a small boutique resort. They have more or less 15 rooms.

Being a small resort, the staff would remember each guest so if you had a request they knew where to look for you. They were also very friendly and accommodating. Don't expect high end service because they didn't have that kind of training, but they accommodate your requests the best way they can.

This isn't a resort for kids, it's really more for those looking for a quiet getaway. Their pool is too deep for small kids. But nevertheless, my kids had fun at the pool, hammock, and the beach. Their wifi was also fast enough to keep my kids busy and it's a plus that it's free.

About the amenities: the pool does look small from the photos and it really is compared to big resorts. But it's a boutique hotel, and I think the size is good enough given the number of guests that will be staying at the resort at any given time.

I like how they play chill out music at the common areas. It's very relaxing and it really sets the mood when you're having your meals with the beach as a backdrop. Their furniture choices are very chic and adds a great deal to the overall ambience of the resort. I think their restaurant serves the best gourmet cuisine in the island. Dinner menu is about P700, lunch and breakfast is about P400 per meal. They also accept orders that are not on the menu. This really helped because I had picky eaters with me.

The rooms are simple. The bed and the pillows are comfortable. I like the duvet, didn't expect a good one in Bohol so this was a pleasant surprise. What I don't like is that they have small bar doors as bathroom doors. They don't have any TV in the room and usually this would be a big disappointment. But because of having a busy day because of the tour or swimming, we would just sleep when we got to our rooms.

They have a small spa, but it was good enough. The massage service was good, I specially liked the Tunia massage. This was a new for me, short quick strokes with medium pressure. It was a dry massage, so I'd have this in the evening wearing my pajamas and just go straight to bed afterwards.

There are coral reefs for snorkeling near the resort, but they weren't very good. The beach was okay, with white sand. But the beach water was not deep enough. It was very very shallow. You have to go very far just to get a good swim. I don't know if it's because of the season. This was a big disappointment because I have to go to another resort to get a good swim or go to another island.

It was too bad that on my last day I saw that they had a nice cool boat for snorkeling. It was huge, you can have a party there for 15. I should have taken this to go snorkeling rather than getting one of the small bancas on the main beach.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family