“A  relaxing and peaceful stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oasis Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Oasis Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Panglao Island
Brussels, Belgium
“A  relaxing and peaceful stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I had chosen this small hotel of 22 bedrooms for its location on Alona Beach and its dive center.

Panglao is a touristic area,  there are a  bank and several money exchangers.  There is also a laundry (minimum 3 kilos).

I booked a bungalow garden (deluxe air on room) with cool air conditioning, a fan, a safe, thick towels and soap dispenser.
The room is basic but very clean.At night, light sleepers could have some problems because you can hear the generator of another hotel but this is not continuous.  During, our 5 day's stay, the electricity has been cut off twice. Fortunately, the hotel has its own generator. After the black out we heard a light beeping sound during the whole night.

There is a swimming pool with 2 hammocks,16 sun beds and 3 tables with 4 chairs. You have also sun beds on the beach.

The WIFI area is around the reception and works very well.

I was surprised to have a buffet for my breakfast.  It consisted of orange or pineapple chiller,egg station, pancake, baked beans or tomatoes, rice, sausage, bacon, boiled eggs, yogurt, mixed fruit medley, jam, coco crunch, muesli and cornflakes.

We left the hotel early in the morning and we have received a sandwich the evening before.  They organize your transfer for example the price for the pier of Tagbilaran is 650 pesos.

I went to snorkel with the dive center to Balicasag and it was the most beautiful snorkeling of my trip to the Pihilippines.

This hotel exceeded my expectations and I would certainly come back for the dive center, the beauty of the common places and the kindness of the staff

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Miss100000Volts
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We came here on a last minute trip and we would recommend the resort to anyone and would stay here again without hesitation.

Everyone addresses and remembers you by name. The breakfast buffet, which is included in the rate, is excellent and has lots of choices.The staff is impacable, everyone has a big smile on their faces and seems eager to assist you in anyhting you might need during your stay.

The only downfall is they have no flexibility in their cancellation policy. We tried to move dates or shorten our stay a week before and were told to pay 50% of the entire stay. To stay here might not be the best for the flexible traveller.

Overall a great experience, walking distance to the beach and all restaurants and bars, yet far enough to enjoy the quiet resort with lots of international travellers.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank catha_an
Panglao Island, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

My wife and I have stayed at Oasis several times over the past few years most recently 35 nights from the beginning of October. We have now retired and live on Panglao Island. We continue to use the restaurant and I do all my diving with Sea Quest. I am about to embark on my Dive Master Certification with them having done all my diving from the Open Water Course to now. The facilities, professional and friendly staff make this resort our number one choice and that of our friends and family.

Room Tip: Bungalows are situated around the pool in the beautiful garden. The duplex units are closer to the b...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AidanBell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Visited Oasis after meeting owner B.J. Schaap over in Southern Leyte a few years ago. All I can say is that the overall value was great and we will return in the future! The dive shop was top-notch. The dives at Balicasag Island were great and the attention to detail and safety by the divemasters and boat crew was noticable. The manager, the wait staff and the bartenders were all tops. The food was very good and the rooms very comfortable. Oasis changed our philsophy on travel in The Philippines. We decided to stop wasting money at the mega-resorts and enjoy the friendly atmosphere of the smaller places like Oasis. Thanks again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank deepsix2
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

When I first looked back at our stay at Oasis, I thought...this place was just ok. I hadn't been to that many islands in the Philippines and it wasn't until a more recent stay in Palawan that I realized, the Oasis really was a great hotel for the price!!

First off, you need to know that the only reason you should be staying in this area is if you are diving. Otherwise, there are many more beautiful beaches for you stay in Bohol, that probably doesn't have as many sea urchins lingering in the shallow waters! For a Dive Resort, this place is really first class, and you can't beat the price...

The grounds are really cute and well designed. The pool is a perfect place to sit and relax if you don't want to take advantage of the beach just a short pathway walk away from the main grounds. The main dining area was so relaxing and peaceful. They have a SeaQuest Dive Center located right on the beach and connected with the resort, making your dive days super convenient. Most of the dives can be taken right from off the beach in a small boat only a 30 second ride out. I loved that!! Then you can order food and chill out while you wait for your next dives in the cabanas right on the beach.
I wouldn't say the service is excellent, they are quite slow, forgetfull with your order, get the orders wrong, etc...but it is pretty good overall.

The rooms are nothing to write home about, but they are adequate. The beds are not the most comfortable I've ever slept in, but they are not terrible either. We didn't spend much time in the room except for sleeping and showering and I'm imagining that is what you will be doing too. All I need is a clean place to rest my head and a nice hot shower to get cleaned up every night.

I really enjoyed the breakfasts, however I wish they would turn the warmers on, because the buffet is outside and they prepare the food in advance (except the egg station, which is really good) that if the food was kept warmer, it would be much better. But overall, the breakfast was quite good.

One of the best parts of the hotel is the location. You do not have to walk through a dirty, dingy town to get food. All of the restaurants are along the long stretch of beach. There were many places to choose from, we chose a new place every night. There was always some sort of singer or band playing and it was perfect to get a massage right before your dinner right on the beach. There are hundreds of ladies out on the beach ready to give you a massage for 200 pesos...pretty good!!

And lastly, the diving is outstanding. What better than to step off the beach and into a beautiful underwater "oasis"?!! Our dive instructor was Jonathan, a highly enthusiastic French Man, who truely cares about his students. We loved Jonathan and would recommend him to anyone looking for a great dive experience!

Now that I've experienced a horrendous place in the Philippines, I now know that the Oasis is actually a really nice and inexpensive (bang for your buck!) place to stay. I would recommend it to my fellow divers. Have a great time!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends