1,455 results
All reviews dundrum shopping centre king room four poster bed quirky hotel crystal bar mini bar luas line business trip excellent hotel stayed for one night reception area full irish enjoyable stay following morning bar food mirror minibar
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Good quality hotel in Sandyford Business Park. Rooms good standard and well appointed. Facilities are good. Booked late so not overly cheap - doubtless due to how busy it was. Staff very pleasant Breakfast buffet was OK but hot options were not to the standard of the rest. Only observation of note. No hesitation about staying here again and would recommend

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Magda B, Front Office Manager at The Beacon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear NickK,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at The Beacon.

I'm absolutely thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed it. We love to hear from our guests and it is wonderful to know that we have a new fan in you!

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with future bookings.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

The decor puts design before practicality. Everywhere is far too dark. I needed to use my light on my phone just to see the floor numbers in the lift and I was not the only one. The communal, eating areas and room where no better on the lack of light front. I am all for a bit of ambiance, but this took it to the extreme. I had an executive room, but again it was very dark and it was very hard to see putting make-up on, even in the bathroom! There was only one plug socket in the "executive" room and I had to move the tea tray and kettle to the floor on the other side of the room to be able to make tea. No plug near desk to charge phone or lap top, so had to then swap kettle for my lap top to charge and have it on the floor. Empty mini bar. Breakfast/restaurant was again very dark and for the hotel price, it was a limited spread: I have had far better choice for breakfast in a less expensive hotel. I did speak to the front desk about my concerns and was advised that they were aware and had started renovations. I paid euro 190 (was supposed to be discounted) including the breakfast and I must say, it was not good value for money. The staff were nice, but that is all I can say good about this hotel. I hope that it will improve if it is indeed being renovated.

Room Tip: One with light bulbs!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Magda B, Front Office Manager at The Beacon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear Chivers444,

We love to hear from our guests and take all comments seriously. As mentioned by Front Desk we are in progress of renovatong our bedrooms, that include additional plugs. But apart from the plug behind standing mirror, there are plugs on the wall behind make up mirror at the desk.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Everything was perfect, thanks! Lovely room and helpful staff. Location is great for city (close to luas) and for Dublin mountains. We can certainly recommend this hotel and its location. A big thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear GlobeTrotting109939,

Reviewed 12 September 2018

love this hotel you cant nicer staff who are so helpful and understanding to your needs this hotel is funky the rooms are fab and so are the staff , the restaurant food is amazing i love staying here and so look forward to staying there again

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Meander792665,

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Lovely hotel, quirky decor and lighting, spacious, bright rooms, good location just off M50, next to Beacon Hospital. Friendly, welcoming staff, definitely a strong point. Fabulous bathroom with deepest bath I've seen! Good food in the Thai restaurant, gorgeous cocktails. Some issues with makeup marks etc on carpet and curtains but clean otherwise, lovely beds.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends