All reviews leasowe castle golf course wedding venue my partner sea view star chamber cocktail bar following morning lovely place evening meal wedding breakfast from start to finish steak wedding guests member of staff couldn't do enough couldn't fault
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I had booked for one night to go to a wedding in central Liverpool.
I had deliberately booked early check in for £20.

When I arrived I was told i could only check in at 1400. I explained about the payment for early check i and was then told it was before 1200 on their system (dead on 1200 on my phone) and i needed to wait.
I dutifully waited for housekeeping to release my room after about five minutes and was frowned at for attempting to take the key card early.
I wasn't shown to my room or told where it was so just followed the signs (i was told lifts/stairs as required)

I got quickly changed and left for Liverpool. I had no issues when i got back about midnight, hotel was quiet and the room maybe a little warmer than expected but all mod cons etc in an older building.

In the morning went down for breakfast, this was adequate, Asked for a hot chocolate rather than tea or coffee and when i checked out found they tried to charge me for the hot chocolate. This wasn't indicated on the menu or on ordering that it would require a supplemental charge so pretty astonished that they'd try and charge me for a cheap quality hot chocolate @ breakfast. Happy to pay if i know upfront that i'm being charged.
Even worse they couldn't initially tell me what the charge was for it was only after i said "i'm not paying for random drink on my bill" that they told me it was the hot chocolate.

Additionally for a hotel on the Wirral it wasn't clear how you actually got to the seafront. I clambered through two sets of what looked like broken fences to get there and back including going through the golf course and through a ruined bit of old castle wall.
Neither direction looked like they were supposed to be used and there was nothing in the room information of dotted around the hotel to indicate where i sohuld go.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank HughAngseesing
Mike57d, General Manager at Leasowe Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am not quite sure what occurred with regard to your check in but it appears it was quite quickly sorted out. I have to agree with you with regard to the hot chocolate it was a little petty on our behalf. However none of this gets away from the fact that the way you behaved and the language you used towards the staff when presented with the bill was completely unacceptable and unsurprisingly you don't mention this in your review.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Leasowe castle for 2 nights whilst visiting the area for a friends’ wedding at an alternative venue. Unfortunately we didn’t feel that it met our 4* expectations, and as per a previous review resembled more of a premier inn than a hotel of its price or rating. The building from the outside is very attractive but the room was small and shower in need of updating, with mould around the small enclosure and not a huge amount of power or hot water. The view from the window was very pleasant, however felt like a world away when inside the basic room. Whilst we appreciate that the venue is frequently used for weddings, the finish of 1am didn’t bother us too much and in fact the room was far enough away not to be disturbed by the noise when we returned each evening. The biggest issue was breakfast, and the chaos caused by a wedding party who were shouting and running around the room, chasing each other whilst we were trying to enjoy a leisurely morning. We were left with the only remaining table in the middle of the room right in amongst the chaos, and needless to say weren’t able to tolerate the noise or the fact that we felt as if we had gate crashed a private party for more than necessary. Breakfast itself was quite basic, with what was clear from the packaging was bread from Lidl (albeit quite tasty!) sitting by the toaster. I understand the fact that there were lots of wedding guests in the hotel, but perhaps giving them a particular meeting time for breakfast or at least grouping the tables together in one area would have been better for other paying customers. When we spoke to the lady at reception about the issues at breakfast at check out, she advised that if we had called or checked the website, we could have found out that there was a wedding. However as above, the issue wasn’t the wedding per se but more the management of it and the oversight of other guests. Needless to say we won’t be back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lozzeranddave

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am so sorry that your stay was marred by the behaviour of some of the wedding party from the previous evening. Although I fully accept your comments with regard to managing the situation it is one of the strangest things in hospitality. When people cross the threshold of the Hotel with children they suddenly become our responsibility!! We try to do our best and I am truly sorry we let you down on this occasion.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Beautiful castle converted into an elegant hotel. Great for a getaway with your partner. the views are beautiful from all areas of the property. The facilities are great and close to the city centre where you can walk the dock and take in the views of Liverpool. Would recommend this to couples and friends looking for a nice place to stay or a special event with family.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Mike57d, General Manager at Leasowe Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you so much for your very positive review. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Great value hotel with an interesting history. Location is not great but is walkable to a 4 mile stretch along the ocean which is nice. Castle is novel and fun and the staff were all very nice and personable. Room was clean and comfortable and shower was good. Would recommend as a place to stay if you are passing through Liverpool.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am delighted you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Brilliant to walk up to my room at the end of the evening. Fabulous venue for the music festival. Chapel was so beautiful, perfect acoustics. Security and hotel staff marvelous. Had a lovely room with a sea view.
Really tasty breakfast, spoilt for choice. Only let down was festival food choice and no cans of cider in the bar. Hoping the festival returns next year.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Mike57d, General Manager at Leasowe Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed the festival as it was our first time venturing in to this type of event. I am sorry about the cider issue we shall ensure we resolve it for next year.