4,768 results
All reviews la romana pool bar seafood bad reviews a la carte restaurants santo domingo animation team grand bahia buffet restaurant saona island an excursion recommend this resort night shows michael jackson show beef great resort sea water
Reviewed 22 February 2018

my family chose to stay here due to a wedding. The hotel is beautiful and the grounds are magnificent. The lobby is open to and really nice. They have a small casino, but never played. They have a theatre were they put on shows and the likes. The best beach sunset views!!!. They had a great variety of foods from Spanish, American, French and occasionally had themed dinners of ethnic foods. They have 3 "fancy" restaurants that you need reservations for. They had decent "nightlife" ( Outdoor and indoor shows) for a family resort. They also had entertainment for those who wanted to sit by the pool and the beach. You get what you paid for at an all-inclusive resort (food and drinks are free) though the liquors are not top shelf. Our hotel room was spacious for my wife, 2 young kids and myself. we had a balcony overlooking a fence with nothing. Needless to say we never sat there.They have a main pool that seems to be the same depth all around, a kiddie pool and "hot tubs", which were never hot. The beach was clean, but the waters seemed murky ( not your typical turquoise island waters). My children enjoyed themselves, there wasn't much for one of my kids to eat due to a dairy, peanut and egg allergy. The staff were nice and courteous. My wife and I have 7 month old daughter that almost all females employees we encountered, touched our kid's face and/or picked her up hugging her and kissing her. I almost lost it. I felt that was unprofessional as they didn't ask to hold her or kiss my child when I don't know them. We stayed for 7 days. The kissing on the cheek incident happened maybe twice, but that was twice too much. my daughter was constantly being touched or held by them. I suppose I should be flattered, but at least ask, don't just take my child. This bothered me, but my wife being nice as she is, just told me to calm down. The water in the room is not potable water, so you cant really drink the water or brush your teeth. if you have a sensitive stomach you might get sick. They do give you large water bottles to use for brushing your teeth and such. The restock every time they clean the room. The water pressure in the shower was non-existent. The shower head was a rain type one. my wife and I bathed in a drizzle ( at least they had hot water). The power went out on the entire resort several times, which was odd, but for no more than 5 minutes. I have traveled to other Caribbean islands and never experienced that. This is not a hotel we would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Eduardo S
Customer B, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Bahia Principe La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Eduardo,

We appreciate your feedback. It is important for us that all our guests enjoy their time on the property and leave with a good impression. We have learnt through your review that you had a good time with us. We appreciate as well your observations to our operation that will be taken seriously in to consideration.

Regarding those aspects that were not so good, we would have welcomed being informed on how you felt which would allowed us to find a more meaningful and timely solution. Please let us to point out that we really appreciate your comments, which allow us to take the corrective measures to avoid such a situation in the near future.

We are already looking forward to host you again in our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in La Romana. Do not hesitate to contact us at our email address info.romana@bahia-principe.com.

Our Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went on a 2 week once in a lifetime trip to Dominican partially paid for by our 4 kids as an anniversary gift. The first week consisted of a cruise in the Caribbean and ended with one week at the Grand Bahia Principe La Romana. We brought along $2200 American because we thought we had to pay cash for excursions on the cruise which is not the case. On this cruise it was all charged to your room via your credit card. So after a week we arrived at the resort and counted out $1000 American on the bed which went directly into our room safe inside our passport folder (tucked neatly all new bills). We had enough money split between the two of us to cover all we wanted to do (excursions). The second day at the resort we had a bathroom leak from above and the maintenance people were called in to repair. After there visit when we returned to the room we noticed our closet door was ajar and a cardboard placed in front of the room safe door swept to the right as if the door had been opened. The safe door was closed and locked. We immediately opened the safe and took inventory. I pad ,phone,camera and passport all there. It was then that I opened the passport folder and noticed our money was untucked and folded. We counted it out and we were $40 short. This was not an oversight on our behalf. We immediately reported the theft at the front desk and an investigation was started. We were told that "we"chose the safe combination so we must have told someone which of coarse wasn't the case. At this point in time I asked the Transat person at the resort if we could just go home since we would have to carry all our valuables with us. The return home if we chose would be additional on our dime .No swimming in the ocean together or the pool. We tugged a backpack with us all week. We did not feel secure. After 2 days we were offered our $40 back and a room upgrade. We did not avail ourselves of either since this would not have changed a thing towards our feeling as far as security. I also didn't want them to think we were looking for a chance to be opportunistic. We found the resort to be beautiful looking and the staff to be quite pleasant. Our room 3608 was right on the beach. The ac unit was always noisy and the room had a very musty smell. After the theft incident we were given a 10 % discount on a day excursion and a bottle of champagne in our room. They were trying,and I appreciate that. We will not be returning to Dominican as we have had our experience. It's to bad that a few individuals can spoil the reputation of a beautiful place that relies on tourism for its economy. When checking trip advisor at the resort we discovered we were not the first to have a similar experience here. Have you ever gone on vacation and asked yourself where did I spend all that money? $40 was a perfect skim off the top perhaps not even worth mentioning but it points to a serious underlying problem . I count myself lucky that they only took that amount. More importantly we were made aware of our shortcomings when it comes to our security. Don't ever let your guard down too low while on vacation in paradise. Sincerely The Whites from Ottawa Canada

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Glenn W
Customer B, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Bahia Principe La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Glenn,

The opinion of our customers is extremely valuable to us as it give us an opportunity to verify the accomplishment of the established guidelines, as well as to ensure that we work towards the continuous improvement of our services.

In this regard, we would like to acknowledge that we have very strict control of all issues reported and regarding this particular case, we can ensure that all the security protocols established by the chain were strictly followed. In addition, please kindly note that we allocate all our effort and measures at your disposal to take extra security measures and avoid such situations. Of course, we would like to add that we are at our guest’s disposal any time to provide them the necessary assistance to denounce situations or cases as you mention to the relevant authorities of this country.

In the name of our General Manager and staff, we would like to thank you for vacationing with us, we hope to see you in the near future. Do not hesitate to contact us at our email address info.romana@bahia-principe.com.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We choose the resort based on the name Bahia, as we knew it had a good reputation, along with the location on the island La Romana,and the fact it offered the availability of a family room where children could stay and eat free. The resort was a short distance from the airport - 20 minutes. Upon arrival at the resort the check in process was quick and Staff were welcoming. Our room was close to the main lobby (2807) and all the other rooms were a short walk away. The room was clean and well maintained. There was only three electrical outlets to charge devises in the room, but we made it work. The walkways were well lite and grounds and all public areas were exceptionally clean. I felt safe and secure walking during the evenings. The main and beach buffets offered a wide variety of food choices, and the times they were opened was good. My only concern was the food temperatures as the food wasn't always hot. The choice of a la cart restaurants was what I expected. We booked at the Italian and was pleased with the meal we also heard great comments about the steakhouse. I would however book the a la cartes immediately as the earlier times were book up quickly. The resort had a small casino on site and people in our group visited it nightly. The resort offered a wide variety of activities and the Staff encouraged participation, but were not pushy. The nightly shows were good. There was free WiFi in the lobby and there was no problems connecting to it. There was a lobby shop and a several other stores on site. I did however miss a place to purchase snack foods. You could walk the beach without being bothered by local vendors. There was no concern about getting a pool or beach chair as the were plentiful. The public washrooms were clean and well stocked with supplies. All of the bars were stocked with the choices we wanted including Crown Royal, and the Staff was friendly and efficient. Overall we truly enjoyed our stay and would recommend the resort to others.

S. Harnock
Kitchener Ontario
Canada

3  Thank Susan H

Dear Susan,

We appreciate your feedback. It is important for us that all our guests enjoy their time on the property and leave with a good impression. We have learnt through your review that you had a good time with us. However we would like to offer our most sincere apologies for any situation with our service that have made you feel uncomfortable. Please let us to point out that we really appreciate your comments, which allow us to take the corrective measures to avoid such a situation in the near future

We truly thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences and hope that when returning to La Romana, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at our Resort.

Our Best Wishes,

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

After riding for over an hour to get to the hotel, we were disappointed to learn that the river feeds into the ocean. The water was brownish and no shells on the beach. The service was very good but we had many mosquitos in our room. We believe they were coming in through the AC.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Nancy6s

Dear Nancy,

Regarding to your comment about the beach, please note that our beach has been awarded on December 2017, getting approved for the sixth time the audit of the International Blue Flag certification 2017-2018, this certification reaffirms the commitment of the operator responsible environmental management of the coastal and marine zone, and encourages us to continue implementation good environmental practices and promote environmental education for beach users.

Thank you very much for choosing Bahia Principe Hotels & Resort as a holiday destination and we hope to see you again in the near future. Do not hesitate to contact us at our email address info.romana@bahia-principe.com.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We have just got back and have had a great holiday. Our party ranged from 5yrs old- 73yrs old and all enjoyed the resort, food, drink, and entertainment. The staff are amazing and such a credit to the resort. One of our party had to have assistance and we could not fault the help given.
My daughter enjoyed playing in both the pool and on the beach, also there is a kids club which is very welcoming.
Our only downside was on arrival we found our villa door faulty and had to be fixed, which meant one of us had to stay and wait for a maintenance person to fix it. We also had a few problems with our door card not working through the holiday,but reception quickly resolved it everytime.
Looking forward to returning in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank beckybourn

Dear Guest,

We are grateful to learn through your review about the experiences you have had during your stay in our resort. It is thrilling to hear that we have played such an integral role to provide a memorable vacation for you.

On behalf of all our staff members, we would like to say that we will be more than happy to host you on our beautiful property.

Kindest Regards,

Santa Guzmán
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana.