“Exceptional meal and experience ”
Review of Le Calandre

Le Calandre
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Rubano
Price range: US$ 53 - US$ 211
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Our family stopped for lunch en route from Cortona to Venice - what a treat! We enjoyed our lunch so much that we pushed back our Venice activities by two hours so we could really bask in the dining experience at this 3-star Michelin find. They easily accommodated all of our dining preferences (pescatarian, low gluten) with a 9 or 10 course tasting menu, we lost count. We'd definitely go out of our way to dine here again. The service, the table setting, the glassware - everything was a dream.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Le Calandre

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Four of us went recently and had a wonderful meal albeit a bit stuffed at the end. It is a very unassuming restaurant, almost buried in Italian strip malls. However, inside was decorated very modern and had a cool atmosphere.

We did the Classico tasting. It was interesting as we had probably 5-6 courses before what was actually on the menu came out. The Lamb dish was the best single lamb dish I have had in my life. Other standouts where the bone marrow, the cannelloni, the tagliolini, and the beef tartare with black truffles. The deserts were also extremely good and I have to say I have never had a desert in a pipe before. The tiramisu in a pipe was a delightful experience.

The service was impeccable and it was really cool to see Chef Max come stop by the table and chat with the guests multiple times during the meal.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

One of the most imaginative meals I have ever had, in Italy or anywhere else. The complexity of the dishes is not for all tastes, but the blend of textures, temperatures, and flavors was truly astonishing. If your palate ever needs to be awakened this is the place. The gelato made from octopus ink and somehow placed inside a warm fish stew was an explosion of flavors. Like the food, the price is not for the faint of heart, but you only live once.

1  Thank Q9669LLsteveg
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Among the top three chef's in Italy. The tasting menus are amazing and adventurous.
I would recommend the full 11 course menu which explores the ultimate in advanced cooking. An amazing experience

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Before anything I must say that the food is what you are expecting.
We took the clasico menu, and every single plate was at the level of the 50 best club.
The cattlefish cappucino was one of the best things I had ever tryed.
The carbonara interpretation was something sublime.
And the saffron risotto is THE best risotto I had ever tryed.

Everyrhing was perfect until they served the red wine.
When my girlfriend took her glass there was enormous fly on the glass.
At first glance we couldnt bealive what we were seeing.
It was not a little fly it was the mother of all flies on the first of the red wines of pairing menu.

We inmediettly told the waiter. She came right a way and changed my girlfriend glass. But not mine!!!

We gave them the chance, and after a couple of minutes they changed also mine and opened another bottle.

After that the beverages manager came and gave us an apologies, which we accepted.

I must say that a fly on the wine is the least of the things you excpect on the 26 best restorant in the world.

At the moment of the check, a kind of attention was appreciated. A discount, a beverage or something. But nothing of that was given.

I congratulate Massimo for his food but a suggestion for this kind of situation: client service, get out of the script and put yourself in the shoes of your customer.

Best