“Poor service and food was terrible!!!”
Review of Mimmo's

Mimmo's
Ranked #39 of 49 Restaurants in Westville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 5 July 2017

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Mimmo's to have supper, Firstly our hostess forgot that we even arrived we waited for about half an hour for a waiter/waitress to attend to us, When placing the order we where not advised that the beverage we ordered was wine as there had no indication of that on the menu, we had the wine anyway who says no to a bit of alcohol, so we ordered one of their chicken pasta's and the prawn paella, my chicken pasta had maybe 5 pieces of chicken in total I would barely call that a chicken pasta, my boyfriends pasta had pork in it something we are not allowed to eat as per our religion, we where so put of by the service and food that we optioned to have the food put into take away to maybe give it to someone on our way home. This is by far the worst service we received and I definitely would not come back.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

I would like to express my disgust at the service received from the Mimmos branch in Galleria today. After ordering the Hake Thermidor and then tasting a couple of mouthfuls of the fish I found the food to be tasteless and the overall value of the meal to be completely unsatisfactory at R129 considering there were only a few very very tiny prawns included.

I pointed this out to the waitress who escalated my complaint to the owner. The owner arrived at the table to hear the complaint. I relaid my experience and said I was happy to order something else in its place. Without any form of apology or customer courtesy he asked me why, if I was unhappy with the fish had I "damaged it" by eating it. I explained to him that clearly I had to taste it and we told him that even if it was not partly eaten it is not like he could have given it to another customer. He arrogantly responded that he sells 40 of those a week and nobody complains. I pointed out that we are regular customers and he stormed off, arrogantly saying that it is our prerogative if we want to come back.

This is not how I as a paying customer expect or deserve to be treated and I will ensure that my patronage and the patronage of my many friends and family is taken to other places of business that value our support. It is also a joke that judging from the owners poor attitude, his staff at the restaurant appear to have better customer service skills than he does.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch and food was not value for money. Despite i ordered steak without blood, it came with blood in it. They went to do it again and this time i couldn't even chew. The manager told me nothing could be done. Im not going back.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Nice Restaurant in the shopping centre.
Good and fast service. correct prices!

We enjoyed our Dinner, and had a great dinner in Durban,

Reviewed 28 November 2016

We had been here when Mimmos at Westwood first opened and we decided to go on Sunday for a family lunch. Our expectations were high as the first time we had gone to this restaurant the food was great and serving sizes were huge. Based on this we ordered two pastas to share and two chicken quarters. Firstly the food took forever to come, when it finally arrived the presentation or lack there of was terrible. The pasta which we had was a minute serving comparatively, we could literally count the number of penne pasta tubes in our bowls. None of the food ordered was seasoned it was all tasteless, service was horrible. The pita we had ordered never came at all. Personally I'd never go back and this has been struck off our list of places to eat.

1  Thank durbanfoodie2016