“Refurbishment”

Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lovedale
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I was told this is a 4 1/2 star hotel. Therefor a "luxury" resort?
My dining chair cracked under me, horrified I hit the floor.
The living area ceiling paint was cracked and peeling. The curtains old and need of modernisation. The air conditioning was not functioning properly, we froze on the first night and no mirror at the desk for me to apply my make up, had to stand in the bathroom.
The pool was suppose to be heated, so I could do my treatment exercises....that was impossible (unless I brought along my wetsuit).
The manager was kind enough to offer a 50% off our next stay....but I declined.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Lachlan W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear jay y

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I do apologise that your stay did not meet expectations on this occasion and please know that I will share your feedback with my wider team. I am happy to learn that my Hotel Manager has been in contact with you since departing the property.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Resort, so please let us know if you do decide to return.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed the night as attended wedding reception at the resort. The room was great no complaints except for rock hard pillows. Had a wine at the bar which is pretty pricey considering there are so many wineries around. Great resort though and location, would stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Bels_holiday

Thank you for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley and we look forward to welcoming you back again to our Resort. I note your comments about the pillows and do apologise if they were uncomfortable. For future stays, please do not hesitate to let us know as we can supply a range of more suitable pillow types.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I enjoyed my stay for three nights while attending a conference. The room was quiet and well appointed. The quality of the meals provided for our conference was impressive with some great healthy options. They catered really well for those with food intolerences eg gluten free and vegetarian.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Stephanie J

Delighted to read your comments about your recent conference here. We take great pride in delivering a guest experience that caters to all travelers and I will gladly share your feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The wedding was at Peterson House as was the reception. Most of the 80+ group stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 4 days, which was perfect for the whole experience. The staff were attentive and yet relaxed so as to provide just what we needed without being intrusive. We had a mixed group who had travelled from all over the World, and Australia and the environment supported this mixed group in coming together to enjoy a collective experience. The facilities had everything we needed, from gym to bars to footie pitch for the groomsmen to let of pre-wedding steam! Inevitably we had one or two who enjoyed the beverage aspects to the full and the staff were patient and callm at all times.

Room Tip: The suites in the main building are central and close to all amenities - villas are great for a grou...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear graham1308

Thrilled to read that your wedding group had such a memorable stay with us. We are extremely proud of our facilities and the team, and I was glad to read that this was experienced to the full by your group.

We hope to welcome you back to our Resort soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Stayed here while attending a conference in the hunter valley. I would normally stay at cypress lakes so was not sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised and would consider staying st the Crowne again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Dion M

Thank you for your recent stay and for choosing us as your accommodation option. We are delighted to read that you would return to our Resort and look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards

Lachlan Walker

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lovedale
5.5 km away
3.3 km away
The Convent Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
#11 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK