I was here as part of a conference so my accommodation had been booked by my company. However, even though I had called and confirmed accommodation arrangements for my colleagues and I, on arrival there was no such record. I apparently didn't exist. This was promptly sorted but my villa (sharing with another colleague) was not ready. I went and had a bite to eat returning 30 minutes later, and had to go through the whole explanation again. For some reason the data base didn't hold the changes that had been sorted. One and a half hours later and after a third go at trying to "exist" i was finally given a room.
Apart for this diabolical check in experience, all the staff were very friendly and hospitable; nothing was too much trouble.
Breakfast was included in Redsalt and you couldn't fault it. Anything you could possibly want and great quality. The ladies on the coffee counter were fantastic and did a great job in keeping up with demand.
The pool looked great even though I didn't get to use it. The gym was small but managed to offer enough equipment for a quick work out.
Our villa was a little tired but certainly spacious and my bed was great! Very comfortable night's sleep. We managed to have two great meals out ( one at EXP. restaurant; the other at Muse Kitchen) and would highly recommend both.
I'd definitely stay here again...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and golf course greens and framed by the rugged Brokenback Ranges, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley epitomises the best in award winning hospitality and deluxe accommodation. Just two hours drive north of Sydney and ideally located on Wine Country Drive, the hotel offers easy access to wineries and attractions and is the perfect place for a carefree break or stimulating meeting. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley offers deluxe king or twin rooms, spa suites and two and three bedroom self-contained villas, allowing plenty of room for you to relax. To complement your stay, why not enjoy our extensive range of on-site facilities? Rejuvenate your body at our Tea Tree Spa, reward your palate at one of our restaurants or bars, enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole golf course, or relax in the 25 metre outdoor heated pool. You can enjoy the full range of our on-site facilities while the kids are entertained by a selection of supervised kid-friendly activities in the on-site Water Dragons Club. Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley's premier location and dedication to outstanding personal service has secured its reputation as the hotel of choice in the Hunter Region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lovedale
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Lovedale