“Excellent food and services”

Ashes Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Camp
Cuisines: Gastropub
Reviewed 7 October 2018

This place has a lot of characters -- the building, people, and food. I had seafood chowder and vegetable soup. Both are made of fresh and solid ingredients (just imagine the big pieces of really really fresh seafood filled the bowl), well seasoned, and not heavy. I enjoyed the sassy and wonderful staff, too.

Date of visit: October 2018
4  Thank wclee2005

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Amazing food
Brilliant service
Couldn't fault it one bit
Would recommend to anyone
Great craic great food great company

2  Thank Trisha S
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We were staying in Camp and decided to eat at Ashes for my partner's birthday. It was recommended by our hosts.

The service was very friendly and efficient and such a cosy place with an open fire.

The food was excellent, my partner had soup followed by Irish stew and I had lamb tagine. All very tasty, hot and plentiful.

Would definitely recommend!

3  Thank Loraine D
Reviewed 22 September 2018

Good service, in the beginning a bit slow, but picked up. Very friendly waitress. Good choice in menu. Unfortunately no local beer on draft.. Duck was excellent, but burger needs some more taste. Overall a good place to eat and have a pint. One of the pub where the locals still go.

3  Thank 611manfred45
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped here having promised myself an Irish coffee on my last day of holiday with family. To then be served something only resembling what you would call an Irish coffee, had me dumbfounded! How can you screw or up so bad?! First I was asked whether I wanted sugar or not. I was only ever under the impression that Irish coffee has sugar. Then the bar tender (whom I presume to be the owner) had the audacity to sprinkle cocoa powder all over the top without asking. Weird?! I thought so. When on earth was this added to the Irish coffee recipe? And upon questioning the owners response was : “I made 120 Irish coffees last week for a coach load of people, therefore I know how to make one,if you didn’t want cocoa powder you should have told me before.” - he never asked. Confusing?!

On top of this he was rude to all the members of my family, saying he was “terribly offended” by all the questions about the sugar in the coffee and the cocoa powder... seriously? Even after spending 25 euros on drinks in his pub. I found it a little bit over the top. We suggest this man has to revise carefully his attitude towards customers.
Probably better though that he’s behind the bar, and not in charge of the kitchen. Maybe it’s where he can do the least damage. Pouring pints of Carlsberg can’t exactly go that wrong no matter how bad you are.
Lastly, barely any local products on offer. Shameful.
Badly ran. Obviously therefore wouldn’t really recommend.

5  Thank Greta B