All reviewsstars barold townfree beach towelshot buffetsmins walk awayfolklore showanimation team are greatrelaxing weekendsister hotelpool barplenty of choiceshower cubiclea great variety of foodrooms were very cleanhotel managementpolite stafflong promenade
Reviewed 2 October 2017

This Hotel is very clean and the staff are lovely, very helpful. However the shower cubicle is really small and I think if you are bigger than a size 16 you will struggle to get in. The other problem is food. Thankfully we were only bed and breakfast. The buffet is plentiful but all the "hot food" was cold, even at 7 am when it first opened. The other problem is it's a half hour walk or a taxi to restaurants. There are a couple of restaurants nearby but there was never anybody in them. The other thing is we came home yesterday (1 October) and lots of places were closing down so if you were thinking of a last minute holiday to Montenegro don't bother, it's closed.

Room Tip: Don't take room 319, it overlooks the air con pipes, and its noisy with the doors open.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

My wife and I visited this hotel situated in a concrete jungle earlier this month. Firstly I have to say that the rooms are adequate and very clean. I am nearly 6ft tall and had no problems with the shower although the bathroom sink and tap were faulty. The maintenance team, after two attempts, solved the problem. Our room was on the second floor and almost within touching distance of the hotel across the service road. The "entertainment" was provided by the lecherous security guards openly leering at any scantily clad young woman AND using their mobile phones to either take photographs or record them!
Generally the reception staff were really helpful and the wellness centre was kept clean. The pool was cool and the pool bar quite good. So, you might ask, why the "terrible review score"?
The primary problem was the restaurant. The bread was varied and fresh. The food was much of a muchness and generally lukewarm or even cold. The desserts looked pretty and largely tasted of nothing in particular though fresh fruit was available as was tasty cheese. However, the WORST issue by far was that despite the hotel having an alleged "dress code" for the evening meal AS WELL AS typed regulations in the hotel rooms about offensive behaviour, restaurant staff were rude, ignorant and one was a liar. One evening I saw a man wearing a T-shirt which had written on it (back and front) the words in English which were INCREDIBLY DISGUSTING.Both my wife and I , as well as other English speaking guests, found this situation EXTREMELY offensive.I immediately spoke with a man who appeared to be the head waiter and he shrugged his shoulders and said he did not understand what the words meant. Embarrassingly I had to mime what the T-shirt message was. He then assured me that the man would be escorted from the restaurant immediately. Suffice to say he wasn't but the head waiter told me that the restaurant manager and the hotel manager had been informed as well as the man's room number being noted. All of his words subsequently turned out to be totally untrue. The following evening exactly the same thing happened (and I have photographic evidence e to prove this). I could not believe that so-called trained and professional staff would be so dismissive and disrespectful. At this I arranged an appointment with the female hotel manager the following lunchtime.
At this meeting the female manager said that she had not been made aware of the circumstances but it would be dealt with immediately. Imagine my amazement when, despite several reassurances we subsequently saw this man in the restaurant again wearing the same vile T-shirt. I revisited the reception desk and said that I wanted no further discussions but I would now put my true experience down on Tripadvisor. To add insult to injury we were then, and only then, offered a free meal at the beach restaurant which we refused. The manager had directed staff to refuse our payment so we gave the waiter a 10 Euros tip for a ham bruschetta and two cold drinks which he immediately pocketed.
This obnoxious incident left us totally staggered by the response of the staff so if you wish to be treated in much the same way then be my guest.

Room Tip: Room 247 had a lousy view but was quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ciaran32
MontenegroStars, General Manager at Hotel Montenegro Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Ciaran32,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your stay at Montenegro Beach Resort. All guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and we do appreciate your input.
I regret that during your stay with us there have been several moments which had disappointed you and for this, I would like to extend our sincere apologies.
I believe that the main problem, which delayed quick resolving of the mentioned matter with the T-shirt, was that the restaurant manager, although you did your best to explain, didn’t quite understood the problem, and didn’t take necessary actions to resolve it.
I can assure you that after the second time that you addressed the management, immediate steps were taken, and the guest in question was asked to change in something different. It was at that moment, on his way out of the restaurant, after we asked the guest to change, that you encountered him for the 3rd time.
We fully understand the impact that this situation had on you, and I am sorry that we were not able to resolve it faster, not because lack of trying, but just because of unfortunate timing. We will do our best to prevent similar situation in the future.
On a separate note is was pleasing to hear that reception staff was helpful and that you liked our SPA center and pools.
I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Kind regards,
Sincerly,
Danijela Djurovic,
General Manager.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

All inclusive holiday , no sugar free drinks no Diet Coke or Pepsi light , asked why was told no contract for sugar free drinks only full sugar ??
Only local alcohol drinks but no mixers .
On plus side staff extremely helpful and directed me to local supermarket ,certainly not all inclusive.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traciecrom
MontenegroStars, General Manager at Hotel Montenegro Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear traciecrom,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

I apologize for the inconvenience with sugar-free drinks. As soon as we learned about this (second day of your stay), we provided requested diet sodas for you, as well as accommodated additional requests concerning mixed drinks.
I hope that we managed to improve your initial impression, and to prove that guest feedback is incredibly important to us.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to our area.

Kind regards,

Sincerly,
Danijela Djurovic,
General Manager.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Was really impressed with this hotel and the staff from the start to finish of our holiday. We were in room 401 which had a lovely sea and mountain view. Small balcony but enough for 2 chairs so wasn't a problem at all. Staff were very helpful. Good range of entertainment. We were all inclusive and although this only applies to restaurant, away pool bar and stars bar, we didn't have any issues with this at all. Good food with good choice so could always find something different each night as long as you resist the urge to 'try a bit of everything' on the first night....you wouldn't eat like that at home, so don't complain about the food if you're going to do it on holiday and leave yourself with limited options the rest of the week. Deserts were excellent, as was the salad bar.
Great location, easy walking distance to budva old town and marina. We also took a day trip up the mountains and over to motor which was excellent and we would definitely recommend.
Cannot thank the staff enough for going out of their way to make our anniversary trip very special and memorable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adele M
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We stayed here the first 2 weeks in July. I'll get the small niggles out of the way first - yes the showers are pretty small but I'm 6 foot 2 and managed ok. Balconies are small but we got 2 chairs out on it no problem. I think we were lucky in that we had a ledge to put drinks on. Some balconies didnt seem to have this.

Good points were pretty much everything else. Staff are excellant and very efficient. Hotel is very clean. We stayed all inclusive for 2 weeks and ok the food did get repetitive but this is the same with most hotels. Food on the whole was very good. Location of the hotel is perfect - right on the beach and promenade. Trip pickup points are a couple of mins walk away. Easy access to Budva and other towns in the area. Lots of activities for kids and adults at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family