All reviews mini mart residential area room was spacious exercise room trade winds nice place to stay the hotel staff business trip continental breakfast front desk staff driftwood restaurant gym trinidad cupboard microwave poolside sando
Reviewed 9 October 2018

My stay was pleasant, the room was clean, and comfortable. Generally, it has an 'at home' feeling, with warm friendly staff, and quaint style. The food at both restaurants was good, I really enjoyed the chicken blt sandwich!

Room Tip: Stayed on the top floor, it was nice, and felt quite private, and had lots of lovely sunlight!.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

As a tourist this part of Trinidad is pretty sparsely covered with hotels. We chose it knowing it was primarily a business hotel.

It was a good choice, rooms were well maintained, range of toiletries provided (not common), reasonably priced and the staff were very efficient. The food was ok, but there are plenty of decent places about the area if you want that.

We just got on with our holiday.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank spuddybike
TradewindsHotel1993, Manager at Trade Winds Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for your review. We are always trying to upgrade our rooms and property. We hope you will be back for another stay :)
Have a great day!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Trade Winds is always a top contender for south hotels. Its homely feel in a quiet yet convenient and city-accessible neighborhood are among the reasons why this hotel is a top choice for locals or tourists.

Here are some reason to stay:
1. Very convenient and close to San Fernando City (ideal foe short business trip)
2. Almost everything you need at the hotel (food, pool, gym, snackette & restaurants etc
3. Relaxing and quiet ambiance. Has the at home feel (ideal for families)

Areas for improvement:
1. Ageing hotel with several facelifts - furniture needs to be replaced, beds are largely uncomfortable
2. Front desk staff are not the friendliest (some are, some are not0
3. Room requests are often not remembered
4. Do not disturb signs are ignored
5. Musky rooms and old utensils
6. No help with taking bags to room (concierge is lacking)
7. Insufficient parking especially on weekends
8. Training/retraining of staff with respect to hospitality and customer-friendly service

All in all i would recommend this hotel for a short family stay of a few days to a week maximum.

Stayed: May 2018
TradewindsHotel1993, Manager at Trade Winds Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Mr. DiRaul,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We have a few upgraded rooms and are trying to upgrade more and more over the next year. We work with our staff to train them in hospitality but will definitely take your feedback to increase this aspect. We sincerely apologize for not having anyone to help you with your bags as they are supposed to help all guests take their bags to their rooms. The do not disturb signs are supposed to be respected so we will meet with the housekeeping supervisors and make sure that this is not repeated. We hope you will be back for another stay!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

My in laws and I made reservations at this hotel for the nights surrounding my July 2018 wedding at Tradewinds hotel since April 2018. I no longer reside in Trinidad so I and several others would be flying in for my wedding. At the time of the booking we were informed that there was plenty of rooms available and we did not have to make any reservations or payment until the first week of July because they had so many rooms available. We indicated we would rather secure our rooms and payment now so we wont have to worry about it later on, one thing we can scratch off our list. We indicated I am making reservations for my wedding party and I for my wedding and would need two adjoining rooms. We would have our photographer and make-up artists coming in the morning of and would need the space. We stressed how important this was and were assured that this would not be a problem and on the spot I paid for two adjoining rooms, two beds in each room, for the night before my wedding. I was told once I check in to the hotel I can then pay for the second night.

Fast forward the night before my wedding I asked my mom to check in, in advance so she can steam my dress and arrange what needs to be arranged. Just let the hotel know you are part of my bridal party. They gave her a room key and she checked in to one of the rooms, arranged everything and went to sleep. Couple hours later my girls and I arrived at the hotel and was informed we do not have an adjoining room reserved, that it was given to someone else and that they see a note on the computer stating to put us in two separate rooms. These were two much smaller rooms, one with a single bed, one with two smaller beds, each on two separate floors. We were first lied to that the persons staying in our rooms booked before us in April. When I showed proof of my receipt and conversation I had prior, we were then told oh well the rooms should be fine its the same two rooms. Except they were not. It appears the occupants in our room the night we were to check in decided to extend their stay. So instead of they being told it was already booked for that day and they were to check out earlier and have them check out of those rooms and into another it was much easier for this hotel to boot a bridal party the night before her wedding. Mind you, the night before we were to check in we had a big get together at the hotel bar and I walked into the hotel to confirm our reservations and was told there was not a problem, our two big adjoining rooms were reserved. At this point it is almost 11pm at night, the night before my wedding with no rooms for some of my out of town bridal party and no space for makeup artist and photographers to work and no empathy or assistance by the front desk in finding us another hotel. My husband was lucky enough to secure a hotel elsewhere and we checked out of Tradewinds and into another hotel.
Unprofessional and discourteous staff and poor hotel management. The reason we feel this situation did not get any attention even after speaking to the manager days later who informed she was not made aware of any of this, was that somehow my bridal party, husband and best man present, all managed to remain calm and civil and chucked it up to another Murphy's law moment. To other persons interested in staying here please be careful. I know this review may not dissuade you, but I just want others to be aware and hope that should you still choose this hotel for a big event that you are not met with the same misfortune as I and my bridal party had the night before my wedding. Tradewinds hotel, never ever again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SherMJ17
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Went there at the beginning of 2018 for dinner with reservations and had to sit in the rain, like how was that even an option. Went back for a wedding in the middle of the year and that disappointment remained unchanged. Quality of service was lower than poor. Never going back there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family