“It doesn't get better”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coastal Lodge

Coastal Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kekerengu
Coastal Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Kekerengu B&B and Inns
Christchurch
“It doesn't get better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

Kaikoura was a mass of No Vacancy signs, well i had guessed due to the Seafest festival that it would be and so searched the internet for accommodation within 20 or 30 Km's of kaikoura. We weren't interested in the Festival, instead we were interested in a place to sleep and eat, you see we were planing a very impromptu motor bike Trip around the Nelson Marlborough region and home again to Christchurch. The internet exsposed the Coastal lodge and with a phone call I was talking with Anne. If first impressions count then Anne had already scored ten out of ten. The planes for the trip were still in there infancy and so I asked would they mind if i checked the location with Zoe, my infamous partner and riding companion. when i phoned back to confirm I spoke with Grant who was just as friendly and helpful.
We arrived at Kekerengu just a little shy of 7pm and firstly we needed to fill our tummies, Grant had informed me that there was a delightful reasurant accross the road with panaramic veiws of the coastline but they closed around seven pm and so with that oiut of the way we rode on to the lodge. From the moment we turned into the lodge driveway the garage doors were opening and we road straight into Grant and Anne's garage. The evening that followed and indeed the nest morning was a treat only made possible by two fantastic hosts. There lodge is beautiful, clean and superbly comfortable, the most immaculate of beds waited the end of the evening. It never occurred that a bed this good would also yield to an equally as good breakfast, silly me, Grants homemade bread was a treat, Anne's homemade Rhubarb poached in orange juice a walk down my lane of childhood memories. This is hospitality second to none. I could write for another page but just visit for yourselves you won't be disappointed.
Thanks Grant and Anne for a never to be forgotten experience.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank letook
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Christchurch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

An absolutely stunning weekend away which left us very sad to leave. Anne & Grant were wonderful & so helpful & friendly. From start to finish they were the ultimate hosts. Absolutely beautiful lodge, lovely views & relaxing atmousphere.
The lodge is right at the start / finish for the Moa Hunt MTB Race, which was our purpose for the trip. Overall we can't rate this B&B highly enough. Can't wait for this years race!

• Liked — The hosts
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

I really enjoyed the hospitality; laughs and great meals. I look forward to another cycle trip in the next year or so. Coastal Lodge is the only rest stop for cyclists on the main road between Blenheim and Kaikoura, NZ. I really enjoyed Anne's sight seeing drive up the back valley and hills where I got some great photos.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
Surrey Hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

We stayed at this B & B while on our South Island holiday. My hubby had small medical emergency the day before and needed somewhere to recoup for a couple of days and the Coastal Lodge by the main highway half way between the ferry and the whale watching was ideal. Nice restaurant right opposite. Warm, welcoming and spotlessly clean, we cant thank Grant and Ann enough for their hospitality

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Oakville, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

We stayed with Anne and Grant while my husband was hunting in nearby Remuera. Each night, regardless of the hour Eldon returned from the hunt, they had a delicious hot meal for us. Even when dinner started at after 10:00 pm, breakfast was waiting at 6:00 am so that he could catch the early morning hunt. We thorougly enjoyed a variety of meals, especially the fruit and produce from their yard. I have chronic kidney disease and have to particularly watch protein and salt intake. With their careful preparation and variety of choices at each meal, they easily accommodated my special dietary needs.

Our room was pleasant and roomy. The large living-dining room and kitchen have a beautiful view of the surf and Grant and Anne turn it all over to their guests. I stayed at the Lodge some of the days Eldon was hunting and they showed me some of the area and took me to town so that I could get a cable to download my photos. (American cable connections are apparently a different size.) They are knowledgeable and good conversationalists, but if you want to just vege out with a book, that's OK, too. We felt we were leaving two new good friends. Cindy & Eldon Lonborg, Oakville, Washington, USA

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Been to Coastal Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK