“huh the worst stay ever at surf side hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surf Side Hotel Tobago

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown Point
Surf Side Hotel Tobago
Ranked #18 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“huh the worst stay ever at surf side hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

Every year my family an i travel to Barbados but we decided to visit Tobago at surf side hotel what a mistake we made not going Tobago, but staying at this particular hotel. the service was bad, the room was nice but that was just a show, the toilet was not even working what a shame. the beds was a shame the bed had bed bugs in them they bite my mom an dad, an the sheets were all old an one was torn at the side... there was no manager to complain too cuzz we never saw any. we are very disturb as a hotel this place is not acceptable we are not staying here again.this hotel is such a rip off,, but we will visit tobago again. :)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank samlenny
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
port of spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

After reading the other reviews, we were presently surprised.The room was small but clean. They provide fresh linen.The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was just right. Easy walking distance to mini-mart, beaches etc. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elizabeth m
Trinidad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel at the very last minute. I have stayed at different establishments in Tobago and I must say this was the most uncomfortable. I'll talk about the negative and the positives. During our stay there was a prayer or puja session (not sure which) at the hotel and the singing and the strong smell of incense was very disturbing, especially since the session was located next to the pool area. It could have been done in a way that would cause less disturbance to guests. Also during our stay we had no hot water in the taps, this posed a problem for the kids. .

The pool was a bit small, so for my family of six we had to wait till it looked empty so we could venture in.

Positive. The apartment was very clean, the bathroom was spotless and the room cleaned the very next day, even though we had arrived late at night.

In my personal opinion, the surf side hotel is not for me.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank TrinidadBabyFace

Travellers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

Trinidad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

From Trinidad, spent a week at this hotel, and I will have to say that I will not be staying here agian. Compared to other similarly priced estabishments that I have found driving around, this place does not hold its own; location though is good, but if you like me and came with your vehicle, then that really is not a seller compared to the other salient factors.

A place I will recommend is Bamboo Walk Hotel, which is very nice and cheaper, no kitchen though, but they are now adding villas, will check them in the future.

One thing I will say, the bathroom was clean, compared to another I had stayed in.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank triniRelaxing
Tobago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

The best thing about Surfside is their location(walking distance from store bay), my family stayed there over 2011 carnival weekend and upon check in we mentioned at the front desk we will like to check out an hour maybe two later than the normal check out time (11.00 am), on the day of checking out we went to the front desk to remind them of the later check out time then the woman at the desk informed us that we had to pay an extra cost. For 2 extra hours at the hotel the cost was $420 TTD < it was utterly ridiculous because I was entirely sure that they had no one checking in after us!! Additionally all of the family who bathe in the pool ended up getting sick, there was a baby in the pool with a pampers on!!! I could only imagine what we did not see!! Walk with your towels and linens if you ever decide to stay here!! I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL! IT WILL BE A LAST OPTION!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Bananaquit Apartments
#2 of 12 in Crown Point
0.7 km away
Kariwak Village Holistic Haven and Hotel

Been to Surf Side Hotel Tobago? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK