All reviews mini fridge superior room pool closes close to the airport paul
Reviewed 26 December 2015

Pros:
We stayed in the Jasmine room. The hotel has a very nice pool.
The owners were pleasant and friendly. The area was quite.
The room was clean and the cleaner came everyday to make the bed and clean.
Easy access to transport if you did not have a car, its just a walk up the street to access a taxi or you can get one right outside of the hotel but you may have to wait a while.

Cons:
The air conditioning did not work as well as in the day as it did in the night.
No secure parking if you brought your car. I thought of renting a car but because I was unsure of the security of the area I didn't want to take that chance with a rental.
The pillows were really flat and uncomfortable even when I got extra pillows and the sheets smelled dirty.
The position of the TV was not practical as it was small and placed so far away.
No microwave in the room, Although I knew about this from the beginning I missed having it in the room as I am an early waker and would have liked warming my breakfast early. I would have to wait until 8 o clock to use the microwave in the office.

Overall, despite the cons it was a nice holiday.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Makada J
Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

Sitting here in a coffee shop waiting for the unrelenting rain to stop in Edinburgh so I can get home made me think how nice being in Tobago would be right now!

I stayed for two weeks at the Hummingbird and was extremely happy with my stay. Paul and Linda were extremely welcoming and made you feel at home. The rooms were well kept and clean with a comfortable bed and with great air con and a small mini bar. Bathrooms were good and the room also had a tv. The pool was excellent; breakfast and dinner was available. Laundry was also available. Location was perfect: a short walk from Crown Point centre but far enough away to be quiet at night. The place had a great ambience which matched the calm, peaceful ambience of the island in general. I would thoroughly recommend and would stay again if I get the chance.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Philip R
Reviewed 2 November 2015

HI GUYS,
My stay was good..It was easy to find from the port and the airport and the owners were very pleasant and helpful.. my only concern was the bed had spring coils in it which was very very uncomfortable for me

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
lindam011, Owner at Hummingbird Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2015

Thank you for your positive comments and your feedback. It was a pleasure being of service to you.
I am sorry that you did not get a good nights' sleep, but we do have a spare quality foam mattress which we could have used as a replacement for your existing coil mattress.
If we are made aware of our guests' requests or problems, they can usually be sorted out and resolved at the time.
We aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible and sometimes its the little things that make the difference.
Linda
Hummingbird Hotel.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

We knew absolutely nothing about Tobago before booking this trip and were overwhelmingly pleasantly surprised! The rooms at the Hummingbird are clean and well equipped. We stayed in a Superior room and honestly, it was a great bargain. Keep in mind it is about a one mile walk to Store Bay Beach, however, my husband and I ate and drank whatever we wanted while in Tobago and still he lost five pounds and I lost three, so we had a pretty active seven days. Breakfast is served from 8 AM to 10 AM and the continental breakfast is only toast & jam, just so you know. The only drawback I could write is that my husband and I are not early birds so we missed out on getting a ride from the owners to the beach as that is available only 10 AM to 10:30 AM. Paul and Linda (the owners) are especially nice and hospitable people and made our stay that little bit nicer. Overall, I highly recommend the Hummingbird Hotel.

Room Tip: Spend the extra for the Superior room.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beautifile
Reviewed 16 October 2015

Stayed at the Humming Bird Hotel the third week of August. In short, the stay exceeded. expectation. Paul and Linda were gracious hosts. Paul is an EXCELLENT cook; everything tasted heavenly. The room was spotless, the bed was especially comfortable after a long day, the air conditioning had to be turned down as it did a great job keeping the room cool. The surroundings including the pool were clean and cozy.everything. Be sure to take the meal plan which includes breakfast and dinner; it's well worth it. Joey the hosts pet cat did a fine job of making sure your stay even more memorable.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family