“Dining inhouse”

Kias Garden Cafe
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Kias Garden Cafe offers freshly prepared healthy cuisine . We offer local cuisine at reasonable prices. Breakfast ranges from coconut bake, flying fish to omelets & pancakes. Dinners from catch of day fish to shrimp linguine and pastas
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Waited too long for food to arrive on table. Also the small restaurant was full of mosquitoes making it impossible to eat comfortably while trying to fend off the blighters. Good for a simple breakfast. Brilliant scrambled eggs on toast. Good steak and chips.

There are newer reviews for Kias Garden Cafe

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I cannot comment on the hotel since we didn't stay there. But Kia has now opened their restaurant to the public and they are clearly not ready to deal with any number of customers at one time. My wife and I arrived at 9:00 for breakfast. There was a table of two already eating and two tables of four waiting for their meal so not a large crowd. It took until 9:15 for someone to ask us for our order. That was nothing! The order did not arrive until 10:15 and then it was the wrong thing and had to be sent back. Our order was to have included juice and when my wife asked for her juice the waitress asked if she wanted "fresh squeezed" and she said yes. When our bill came (exactly 1 hour and 30 minutes after we first sat down) the bill incluided a surcharge for the juice. It seems "fresh squeezed" is extra but this was not explained. In the end the owner gave us the juice as a complimentary measure to make up for the long delays. But there was really no explanation, apology, or excuse for the delay, which leads me to believe it is normal there. The food was good but not great and with the delay involved I could not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank NewfNB
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Kia makes all of her customers feel like they're at home. Good food, cooked then and there.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

Although not perfect, I cannot say enough about the wonderful experience we enjoyed at Kia. Let it be suffice to say as a seasoned world traveler, I recommend this establishment as the go to guest house and restaurant option in Tobago!!
Well done Karen, Jocelyn and Wendell.

St. Albans, UK

Reviewed 30 October 2011

The food tasted good but it was to overpriced. Service was good but food of the same quality can be found elsewhere.