“Rovanel's was great!”

Ranked #13 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Trinbago
“Rovanel's was great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at Rovanel's for our honeymoon way back in 2006, but as we pass by the place every so often when we visit Tobago, and even drop in for memories sake or to use their restaurant on the grounds, I just felt I should say what was great about it then and what still is.....the service! It has not changed. They brought food to our rooms when we called on the phone in the suite to request our menu for breakfast and dinner. They provide free drop offs to Pigeon Point and Store Bay (best beaches on the island), and they come pick you back up at an agreed upon time. The owner was very friendly and charismatic, yet down to earth. He shook hands and greeted us and chatted a bit, inquiring about our stay and even suggesting menus to try. I thought that was nice.
Our room was very clean, very nice, with loungers in the balcony, which was almost completely surrounded by towering palms and flowering trees, giving us both privacy and pleasant surroundings. I could remember that there were a lot of banana-quits ( little birds) visiting while we lay in the balcony looking up at the sky. It was a wonderful place full of great memories. Great food, very good service, a lovely air conditioned restaurant with romantic lighting in the evening. It was well worth visiting, and from when we passed by it in July 2011, we noticed it has been spruced up and has been repainted. If the service is anything close to what it was in 2006, its well worth staying there!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pragoo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

The staff at this hotel were so helpfull, nothing was too much trouble. Even the owner introduced himself and enquired if our stay was enjoyable. Lovely spacious clean classy rooms, fully air conditioned, double size shower, tv, phone,fridge etc. Children were made welcome and were really amused by the animals and birds kept in the lovely maintained gardens. Local food with very 'generous' portions (watch the calories!) buffet breakfast with all types of food. Very relaxing stay. Car hire option direct from the hotel also.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Edinburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

We had to stay at this hotel for one night due to our flight being delayed by 24 hours. While the hotel itself was clean and comfy we were horrified at finding the "zoo" and the conditions that the animals were being kept in. My wife is a vet and I work for a large national animal welfare organisation, both experienced in animal cruelty and welfare. Even we were shocked and saddend by the conditions that the animals were kept in. Cages were small and overcrowded, no or very little bedding, access to water was very restrictive, and no stimulation for any of them. Some animals were showing signs of sever stress, especially the monkey and the Macaws. Many were in very poor condition with at least one rabbit with an open wound. The cages were rusty, many with sharp edges and held together by rusty wire and string. Whilst we understand that welfare standards differ from country to country to exibit this as an attraction is wrong. The staff need some serious training in animal husbandry, even the basics did not apply here.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Hamishthegreat

Travellers are raving about these Crown Point hotels

Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel just last week, August 2nd to 5th 2010, and had a most wonderful time. I loved the beautiful lawns, the food and the restful ambience. The breakfast was awesome. There is a bar which was well stocked to our delight. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Just asked for whatever I wanted and it was provided. Rovanels is the best!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank HolidayTobago
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

I chose Rovanel's based on reviews on the internet, however I was disappointed. I truly believe this resort is overpriced. The toilet in my room was leaking and gave off a terrible odor. There is a kitchenette with no utensils (I have stayed at less expensive places and they were outfitted with utensils). There was no microwave oven, just in case you brought food and wanted to reheat it the next day. The breakfast was good however there must be some variety. The animals are a nice touch, however they should be taken better care of e.g. the parrot near the dinning room had a tumor on its back and looked very ill, the guinea pigs looked ill and so too the squirrel.

Sadly disappointed will not return. Did not feel as though I got value for money.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,467 reviews
5.0 km away
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort
1.2 km away
Chic, the boutique hotel & conference centre
1.9 km away
Candles in the Wind
Candles in the Wind
#2 of 20 in Crown Point

Been to Rovanel's Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK