All reviews suzette home grown filtered water hammock area yoga sessions yogurt flying fish tropical birds outdoor jacuzzi pool side garden room breakfast and dinner close to the airport free shuttle pigeon point beach the air conditioning home away from home
Reviewed 23 June 2016

I first stayed at the Kariwak back in the 1990s so I was happy to return to discover if its old world charm was still alive. I was pleasantly surprised to find the original owner was still in charge and that the welcoming atmosphere was still very much alive. I was in for lunch but soon decided that it was better to stay the night. My partner had arrived late afternoon and was tired and hungry. So it was it a late lunch before heading to our room. Lunch was rich, filling and memorable. Before heading to bed we toured the grounds and discovered that Kariwak was home a yoga facility, a babbling brook cascading into a cosy pool and a set of hammocks under a terrace.The room turned out to be very well appointed, the bed most comfortable and before long we were both cradled by Morpheus. By morning we were well rested and ready to explore more of Tobago.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julian R
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Grabbed the local breakfast; homemade yoghurt, granola, tea and hot cocoa. You can taste the difference relative to processed breakfast foods. Herbs are plucked from their gardens. Tasty and healthy. Staff was accommodating and friendly. 5 mins walk from the airport and 10 mins more to the beach. Can't ask for more than that!
(Although the meditation gardens, water features, morning yoga, and live music handily fits that request).

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2016

The most awesome serene vacation getaway; ideal for the entire family or just you and your sweetheart . This resort is designed of that lover of nature that is bubbling inside you; just waiting to get out and have real fun...swimming in the pool...doing some early or late afternoon yoga or simply relaxing in the jacuzzi...A beautiful place with a wonderful, caring Hostess and Staff.

Room Tip: Any room is great!!!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Naturegirlfreeport
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Oh, how my wife loves this place... I honestly thought it would be boring with no TV and such, but I found it quite peaceful sans the occasional roar of plane engines from the nearby airport... Surrounded by plant life, this oasis is a gem... I actually saw a hummingbird and some butterflies, something I haven't seen since I was a teen... It's amazing how these little things can trigger memories of yesteryear...

Anyway... I'm babbling... This place has two pools... One at the front close to our room and front desk... But a little walk to the back of the hotel, past the yoga hut and koi pond, revealed a cozy, smaller pool... The rooms are small but so cozy that it works... I was actually sitting in the shade, nose deep in a good book... It was so relaxing... I didn't want to leave... The staff was very friendly... Highly recommend this place for a romantic getaway...

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank nigelwayne23
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Naturalistic and pristine , every need for comfort and peaceful bliss is attended to by the cordial hostess and her staff.
Unique and locally flavoured dishes and dessert to delight anyone's palette.
The garden- jacuzzi is secluded amidst the colourful blooms and the cooing of the national bird ..the Cocrico.

Room Tip: Garden rooms offers a romantic setting .
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family